Saturday, November 17, 2012

Tall, Dark & Lonely (Pyte/Sentinel, #1) by R.L. Mathewson

Tall, Dark & Lonely (Pyte/Sentinel, #1)Tall, Dark & Lonely by R.L. Mathewson
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

3.5 Stars

Also, you pout when you’re hungry. Your cute little bottom lip sticks up and you get a frown between your brows right there


I read the summary of Tall, Dark and Lonely prior to reading the book so when I started to read the prologue I was kind of thrown off. I was thinking to myself is this a historical fiction book? I then went back to read the book reviews and realized it was just the prologue. I think if you can get past the prologue, you should be good to go from there.

Tall, Dark and Lonely is about a man, name Ephriam, he’s not a vampire, but a Pyte and from what I gather that means he’s like a vampire, but he can walk in the sun. There’s also Madison, the ever so sweet school teacher, all she wants to do is take care of her siblings and live a nice and normal life. I am not a big fan of vampire books, yes I’ll admit I like Twilight and the Sookie Stackhouse series (up until book 5), but vampire books just don’t interest me, until this one.

Tall, Dark and Lonely has reawaken me and I am looking forward to book 2 Without Regret, but I’m digressing. I really like R.L Matthewson’s writing style. As I was reading the book, I felt like there was never a dull moment, right when obstacle A is resolved, there’s another obstacle lined up for the characters to face and solve and it goes on from there. I like that, I feel like the book has many directions and you never know where it will lead.

I also really like Ephriam, first off, his name is pretty awesome and his whole personality is pretty hot. He’s possessive, aggressive and masculine, who loves kids and what’s not to love? And then, there is Madison, who at times can be a pain and stubborn and sometimes I wanted to slap her, but her character didn’t annoy me too much. I like her loyalty to her family and her character is somewhat cautious since she has a lot of responsibility on her shoulders.

Yes, the book is about the relationship between Ephriam and Madison, but you throw in some kids, a cookie grandmother, some supernatural thingys and evil vampires and well you got yourself a well-rounded fantasy book that is hard to put down.

A definite recommend, even if you aren’t into vampires.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment