Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Accept Me Teaser by J.L. Mac


Months ago I was staring at my reflection in my tiny bathroom mirror thinking about how shitty that day was going to be. The anniversary of my parents death is like dooms day every year. If I had known that was the day I would meet the love of my life… again, I would have gone to work early and maybe taken more time doing my hair and makeup.
  He poured into my life like the sunshine that followed him into the store that morning and I’ve been his ever since. I’ve been his the entire time almost as if it was by design. Like I was never even my own to give.

  There was no falling in love with Damon. I was not swept off my feet and convinced to be his love. He came into my life, took my hand, and I breathed him. Loving him so completely is just a side effect of being so fiercely connected. It’s involuntary.

  I didn’t have to try to love him or imagine myself with him for the rest of my life. The moment he took my hand he made it clear with just one look in those amber eyes that I was where I was meant to be. I was his and coming to grips with that would be the very moment that my entire life would change.

  Being Damon’s didn’t feel like a new adventure or some task. It was like coming home to a place I never knew was waiting for me. I’m not the type to believe in bullshit fairytales but I do believe in what’s tangible. I believe in what I can see and touch, and what I have with my Big Man is real. It’s raw and so damn powerful that it took my miserable ass and shook me down to the frame leaving me bare and ready to rebuild.

I’ve never wanted to be better so bad. I’ve never wanted to fight my past more than I do now. I’ll fight mine and his too if that’s what I have to do. My motivation is tall, handsome, wounded and has occupied the territory of my heart.**

-Accept Me by J.L. Mac

**Quote from J.L Mac's Facebook page

No comments:

Post a Comment