Tuesday, March 11, 2014

The Swan & the Jackal (In the company of killers, #3) by J.A. Redmerski

The Swan & the Jackal (In the Company of Killers, #3)The Swan & the Jackal by J.A. Redmerski
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

4.5 (This book is seriously FUCKED up) Stars

Disclaimer - > The Swan and the Jackal is NOT a romance book.

When I started The Swan and the Jackal I was upset by the disclaimer. I heard it was a dark read, but I had no idea what it was about. I love the series. I gave the previous books all five stars, so I was REALLY excited about this one.

You will either Love or Hate this book

The Swan and the Jackal is not for everyone. Whatever you thought about the series, don’t throw it out the window, but know it does not mirror the previous two books. The only thing I can tell you is that yes, The Swan and the Jackal is dark and many many many many times you will be thinking a certain thing to only have JA Redmerski, rape you in the ass and slap you in the face.

I couldn’t get enough of it. I’ve never thought in a million years I would love these type of dark reads, but somehow it just consumed me.

Tortured Hero? Check

Messed up / Damsel in distress Heroine? Check

Impossible love triangle Check

Death, killings, blood and gore Check

Summary

From the previous books, we know Fredrik tortured his ex-wife and she was the only person he couldn’t break. He loves her completely, but she betrayed him. He wants nothing more than to find her again. There are some underlying issues (well major issues), but from what we gather, he wants to either torture or kill Seraphina.

Six years later, Cassia is almost killed my Seraphina, but Cassia escapes. Fredrik believes Cassia is the closest thing to Seraphina, but Cassia is so traumatized by Seraphina, Cassia doesn’t remember anything. Thus begins a CRAZY relationship between Cassia, Fredrik and Seraphina.

Review

The heart of the book goes to Fredrik. What I love about this series so much is the intensity and emotions each character represents. The love Fredrik has for Seraphina just guts you. As crazy as it seems, I want that love. It’s the CRAZY love I adore reading.

Fredrik doesn’t go too much into detail of his past with Seraphina (because there will be a book on that) but what we do know is that his relationship with his ex-wife was VERY intense and very dependent. Fredrik was very dependent on Seraphina and it was to the point where she destroyed him.

The relationship between Fredrik and Cassia is very delicate and much messed up. Fredrik tries to controls his emotions towards Cassia. He knows he needs Cassia, but Cassia’s innocence gets in Fredrik way. In a way Cassia’s devotion to Fredrik mirrors Fredrik’s devotion to Seraphina. Cassia is very dependent on Fredrik, almost to the point where it’s consuming.

I simply loved it

I was very happy to know this wasn’t a love story. I know you are probably scratching your head because my review is about three people who are involved with each other. Yes, all three characters are in some way involved with each other, but each are with an issue, loving a person you shouldn’t.

I believe Redmerski wrote a beautiful story about emotions, feelings and what a person is willing to do in the eyes of love. I understand the mixed reviews, this book isn’t for everyone.

The reason why I love dark reads so much is because sometimes loving someone isn’t all rainbows and butterflies. Sometimes loving someone means, pain, confusion, blood and a lot of heart ache.
Series Order
Killing Sarai (In the Company of Killers, #1)REVIEW | AMAZON
Reviving Izabel (In the Company of Killers, #2)REVIEW | AMAZON
The Swan & the Jackal (In the Company of Killers, #3) AMAZON

No comments:

Post a Comment