Sunday, March 2, 2014

Trouble by Samantha Towle

TroubleTrouble by Samantha Towle
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

4 Finding Trouble Stars



All Mia has known is being abused and abandon. Her mother left her when she was a baby and her father has beaten her until the day he finally died. Months later, she finds love with Forbes, a man just like her father. This is all she has known, but after one scary incident, Mia goes on the run to find her mother. She finds herself in a small town and hotel in the middle of nowhere and she meets the hotel manager, Jordan. Jordan is more than happy to help Mia find her mother.

MIA

JORDAN

I LOVE a damsel in distress storyline! The beginning kind of tells you all the pain and crap Mia goes through and it’s sad, but really necessary to the story. When Mia runs away to a small town to find her mother, she’s a little battered, broken and really messed up in the head. Not only she has a lot of baggage, she copes in a self-destructive way.

Jordan is the town’s hottie. He doesn’t give a crap about anyone except for his dad and dog. Jordan uses women and he’s perfectly fine with it. When Mia walks into his hotel, he sees a sexy girl, who is kind of odd because of her scared behaviour.

Jordan and Mia both have past issues, but at the moment, Jordan wants to simply help Mia and then move on. He isn’t built for relationships, but there’s something about Mia that draws him to her. Mia is searching for something. Right now, she’s focused on finding her mom and she will worry about all the other stuff later. Jordan is the first man who has shown her kindness and even though she enjoys it, it’s still difficult for her to accept it.

I’ve read a lot of reviews and I noticed there are a few DNF. I do agree that Trouble is a bit long. 20% of Trouble could have been edited out. There’s a long intro to Mia’s past and the climatic ending took a while to arise. I wasn’t frustrated with Mia at the end. I thought the climatic ending was very predictable and a bit annoying. I kind of skimmed that part.

Overall, I enjoyed Trouble because as I’ve said, I LOVE the damsel in distress story line.


No comments:

Post a Comment