Friday, May 2, 2014

The Missing Link (Marked, #1) by J.M. Sevilla

The Missing Link (Marked, #1)The Missing Link by J.M. Sevilla
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

5 Sexy Jay Lincoln Stars

The Missing Link was a treasure to read. It had action, sex, drama and a crazy good love story. I loved it!

Summary

Lily moved back home after leaving her abusing ex-boyfriend. It’s Christmas and her mom notices the neighbour across the street eating fast food for dinner. Lily’s mom makes Lily go and ask the neighbour over for dinner. Lily doesn’t know the neighbour but she has seen him. He’s broody, big and really scary.

When Lily asks him for dinner, he not so nicely declines. Lily isn’t sure about him, but somehow finds herself entangled with his world. A world that is nothing like Lily’s, filled with dangers, deaths and more scary guys.

Review

I love these kinds of plot where the sweet Heroine becoming meshed into the scary Hero’s world. Lily is no doormat though, yes she is the damsel in distress I love, but she’s never annoying and didn’t frustrate me. Then there is Jay, oh so sexy Jay. He’s the bad boy with a huge chip on his shoulder. He’s mysterious and mean, but that’s what makes him so interesting.

I want to know him, even the parts of him that frighten me, and God help me but I've never been more turned on at the sight of a man in my life, scars and all

Lily knows Jay is bad news, but she’s scared after a recent attack and seeks comfort in Jay. Jay thinks Lily is this silly little thing, but can’t seem to get her to stay away. Soon they forge some kind of “friendship”, more like Lily annoys Jay and Jay just lets her do what she wants as long as she doesn’t get in his way.

The Missing Link has the perfect tone of writing. There was plenty of character development between Lily and Jay. I loved the banter they had and the sexual tension was off the charts. Even though Jay is this tough guy, he tries really hard not to cross the line with Lily.

Then the book shifts and you get more into Jay’s world and the action really starts and I loved every minute of it. There’s something about men with guns that just gets me all worked up. I really liked this read and recommend.

The Missing Link (Marked, #1) by J.M. SevillaAMAZON

No comments:

Post a Comment