Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Torture to Her Soul (Monster in His Eyes, #2)

Torture to Her Soul (Monster in His Eyes, #2)Torture to Her Soul by J.M. Darhower
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

5 THIS SERIES IS the BOMB Stars

I can’t believe it’s over. It’s been awhile since I’ve found a series I absolutely loved from start to finish. I love this author, I love Naz, I love everything about this book!

I just can’t contain myself….

Really.. I can’t

I die, you die

I don’t doubt that for a moment


Imagine a person that is 100% wrong for you. Imagine a person that can hurt you, make you feel pain, shouldn’t be in your life, but somehow is PERFECT for you? That person would be Naz Does that make sense? No, but it doesn’t have to.

Love is ugly, and messy. Love makes no sense. And I love him, as impossible as that may be.


I love this love story for the sheer fact it’s simply that. A love story. Karissa and Naz are a ball of issues. He killed her father for heaven sakes. So there’s tension and Karissa is pissed. I loved how Torture to her Soul started. There’s so much angst, so much hate that radiates from Karissa, I’m just gobbling up the pages.

I also love that it’s completely from Naz’s POV. I love how he sees himself through Karissa’s eyes. Yes, he’s a monster and not because he says so, but because he is. You can see it and it just oozes out of the pages, dripping with blood.

I couldn’t get enough

The second thing I love is Naz’s love for Karissa. It doesn’t make sense and it’s so tortured, yet so beautiful at the same time.

…she’s the most beautiful when she’s doing nothing. When she thinks nobody’s looking, when she thinks she’s alone.

I’m with her simply because I want to be. Because I need to be. Because she needs me, I think, and if I’m being honest, I need her just as much.

What I have with you isn’t blissfully ignorant. It’s real, and it isn’t always pretty but when it’s good, it’s good.


The third thing I love about this book is that I felt everything. I felt the hate, I felt the love, I felt all the emotions. I felt like I was there and I was reliving it through them. This book was PERFECTION and an amazing read.

These are the books I live for, these are the books I strive to obtain. They are gritty, raw and written so beautifully. If you loved Monster in his Eyes, you will not be disappointed in this one.

Monster in His Eyes (Monster in His Eyes, #1) by J.M. DarhowerREVIEW | AMAZON
Torture to Her Soul (Monster in His Eyes, #2) by J.M. DarhowerAMAZON

No comments:

Post a Comment