Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Fifty Shades of Grey (Fifty Shades, #1) by E.L. James

 
Fifty Shades of Grey (Fifty Shades, #1)
 
 
5 The book that started it all Stars

 
Reread via Audio version in preparation of the Fifty Shades of Grey Movie.

I don’t usually reread books, but I am find listening to the audio version has become very enjoyable. So Fifty Shades was the first book that started it all for me. At the time, it wasn’t an insta-hit for me. I’ve read some smut before, but nothing contemporary.

I’m giving it five stars now, because at the time, it really had it all. It’s the first book that started the movement of the alpha hero and the rich billionaires. Throwing in some BDSM is just icing on the cake.

This won’t be a typical review, since everyone knows what happens. I will just list the parts I really enjoyed.

If you haven’t seen the movie, I suggest you read the book prior. I’m so glad I did. I haven’t read the book in 3 years and I’ve read 1,000 books since then. As you can see I’ve forgotten some elements.

I loved the beginning. I love the meet-cute. I love how awkward Ana is and how closed off Christian is. I feel like E.L. James created the perfect damaged Hero.

I love a good damanged Hero. I LOVE LOVE LOVE IT

The kink isn’t really that intense (compared to the books now). But if you think about it, Ana is a virgin and put yourself in her situation. All of that is pretty scary for a virgin. I remember reading this for the first time and I had to google what a flogger was. Yup, I WAS that vanilla.

I love the dynamics between Ana and Christian. I loved that the book is completely focused on just them. There’s no filler plot or filler side characters. I love the intensity of everything. Christian is pretty messed up and it just makes everything more dramatic.


The writing is a little silly and it reads like a girlie girl, but I forget Ana is twenty something years old. It does read like a young twenty something. It bothered me at first, but after listening to it on audio, it completely worked for me.
 

A lot of the things that originally bothered me, doesn’t anymore. Audio books are just that great. So my advice for those who want to do a reread, do it via audio, it’s completely worth it.


 
AMAZON on sale $2.99


 

No comments:

Post a Comment