Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Separation by Stylo Fantome (The Kane Trilogy, #2)

 
 
Can the Devil be Forgiven?
Everything is fun and games until someone gets hurt, and what Jameson Kane did to Tatum O'Shea goes so far beyond hurt, he is well into the realm of unforgivable. Tate says she wants him gone for good, and he quickly learns that the old saying, “you don't know what you've got 'til it's gone”, is most definitely true.

But Jameson has never been very good at following instructions, and when Satan decides to seek redemption, he'll go to great lengths to get it. He proposes one last game – one to end them all, if she agrees to play. He is very confident that he can win, but Tate warns him that it's not possible; she will not lose again. Little does she know, Jameson is prepared to do whatever it takes. Prepared to lay the entire world at her feet. Prepared to bear his soul.

What he didn't count on, though, was handing the damn thing over.

Now Jameson can only pray that his evil ways haven't rubbed off on Tate too much. Sometimes, it's very difficult to tell who the Devil really is …

4 I-hate-you-but-love-you Stars

When I read the title “Separation” I cringed. I don’t like it when the main characters are apart in book two of any series, but do not fret! It’s not like that.

I loved book one, so I went into Separation with a lot of caution.

Separation picks up where Degradation left off. Tate almost died, she went kind of crazy and now she’s working on getting over HIM and moving on with her life. I loved the way Degradation ended. I wanted a crazy cliffy and boy did I get it.

So Tate is really wounded because she allowed herself to care for Kane, but he goes and brings his ex-girlfriend back home with him. Who does that? I guess a jealous Kane does. Tate doesn’t want anything to do with Kane.

Kane messed up big time and he’s trying to make amends. He realizes what he did was very wrong and he will do anything to get Tate back. I love it when the Hero chases after the Heroine after a big fight. I got a lot of angst and sexual tension.

What I love about the writing is that there is no flowery writing or “I Love You’s”. I feel like Kane and Tate are their own unique characters and both own up to it.

I like how determined Tate is. She becomes closer to baseball player Nick and of course Ang is still her best friend she leans on. I like how ruthless and mean Kane is. Of course he has to change a bit to chase down Tate, but he still stays true to his character.

Tate mentions Kane having sex with his ex-girlfriend, not saying he does or doesn’t, just that she mentions it all the time! It was driving me bonkers. I guess that’s my mild annoyance, is that some of the issues were repeatedly mentioned several times.

Separation overall was a good read. I did get a little frustrated towards the ending, because I feel like there’s only so many times Tate can push away before I get kind of angry and want to throw my tablet against the wall.

The ending left me a little unsettled and I may take a mini-break before I finish out the series. I’m not a big fan of angst, but I do appreciate it and can only handle it in mild doses.

 
REVIEW | AMAZON$1.99
 
 
AMAZON $1.99



 
Crazy woman living in an undisclosed location in Alaska (where the need for a creative mind is a necessity!), I have been writing since ..., forever? Yeah, that sounds about right. I have been told that I remind people of Lucille Ball - I also see shades of Jennifer Saunders, and Denis Leary. So basically, I laugh a lot, I'm clumsy a lot, and I say the F-word A LOT.

I like dogs more than I like most people, and I don't trust anyone who doesn't drink. No, I do not live in an igloo, and no, the sun does not set for six months out of the year, there's your Alaska lesson for the day. I have mermaid hair - both a curse and a blessing - and most of the time I talk so fast, even I can't understand me.

Yeah. I think that about sums me up.
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment