Monday, March 9, 2015

Craving Constellations (The Aces, #1) by Nicole Jacquelyn

 
"How is it, that someone can make decision after decision attempting to get away from their past and somehow end up right back where they started?"

When Brenna decided to leave the only life she'd ever known, she never thought she'd ever be back. Now, five years later she's running from her clean cut husband straight back to the motorcycle club that raised her... and the man she left behind. She left with a secret, and as soon as she returns the truth will break her carefully constructed life wide open.
 
 

4 MC, Star Gazing, Soul-Searching Stars

At first I didn’t know this was an MC book. Judging by the cover, I thought this would be a sappy NA romance novel. I’m completely taken aback and the reviews make sense.

This book has a lot of mixed reviews. Some loved it and some liked it, but it left them feeling odd. I totally get this now.

I love MC books. Of course they start to blur a bit, but it’s the plot that makes the stories unique and gripping. When I read a MC book I always take myself into that world. The guys kill, cheat, steal and there’s no laws or rules. You grit your teeth at some of the stuff, but you secretly crave it because it’s so darn good to read!

Summary

Brenna is escaping from her ex-husband. He has been abusing her for five years and she finally can leave him. She has a baby-girl and it’s not his (he is aware of this). She’s running to her dad, who is VP of a MC.

Brenna’s daughter looks nothing like Brenna or her ex. She looks exactly like Dragon and when Dragon sees his daughter for the first time, he knows she is his.

Brenna and Dragon

You feel for Brenna and Dragon. Brenna did a crappy thing. She had sex with Dragon and didn’t tell him she is the VP’s daughter and then after she finds out she’s knocked up, she doesn’t tell him. It took me awhile to get over it. I had to really dig deep and see it from her POV.

Then Dragon’s reaction towards Brenna is very MC like. He’s very harsh, mean, arrogant and very domineering. I’m usually a huge fan of this, but Dragon rubbed me the wrong way. If you have read the book, then you know what I am talking about.

I’m not sure that I’m fully convinced Dragon could be a Hero to me. I felt like there should be a little more redemption on his part, but that is me.

Overall

The love story is crazy, intense, raw and it’s simply that. A love story. Craving Constellation has so many mixed reviews because the book is a touch taboo and really emotional. I really wanted to love it, but I couldn’t get over some parts.

I did love the daughter, but I’m always a sucker for kids in books, so that’s just me.

If you are a MC fan, this is a good one to read. It won’t be easy, there’s some crazy stuff that happens, but you won’t be disappointed.
 

 
Nicole Jacquelyn is the mom of two little girls and a full time college student. She hasn’t watched television in well over a year, she still does things that drive her mother crazy, and she loves to read. At eight years old, when asked what she wanted to be when she grew up, she told people she wanted to be a mom. When she was twelve her answer changed- to author. By the time she was eighteen, when people asked her what she wanted to do with her life, she told them she really wanted to be a writer- but the odds of that happening were so slim that she’d get her business degree “just to be safe”. Her dreams stayed constant. First she became a mom, then she went to college, and during her senior year- with one daughter in first grade and the other in preschool, she sat down and wrote a story.
 
 

Craving Constellations (The Aces, #1) by Nicole Jacquelyn
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment