Friday, May 1, 2015

Glimmer by Beth Kery


After graduating from her M.B.A. program, Alice Reed is surprised when she’s recruited for the management training experience at legendary Camp Durand, owned by Durand Inc.’s young, billionaire CEO, Dylan Fall. The company usually recruits from Ivy League schools, not insignificant colleges like Alice’s.

Alice enthusiastically accepts, but she still wonders why Dylan would choose a girl from the wrong side of the tracks for the prestigious program. But after a passionate encounter one night, she discovers exactly why—Dylan wants her, and Alice can hardly resist his fierce sexual appetites, though she is amazed that she could appeal to an experienced, sophisticated man like Dylan.

As Dylan introduces her to thrilling, erotic territory, Alice discovers a delicious new part of herself. Night after night, she steals away to find ecstasy and escape in Dylan’s arms. But behind her lover’s powerfully magnetic facade, Alice senses darkness, secrets from Dylan’s past lurking in his beautiful, lonely mansion—secrets that are starting to haunt Alice. And the ghosts of the truth might tear Dylan and Alice apart forever . . .


5 Glimmering Stars


If you haven’t read any books by Beth Kery, YOU.NEED.TO.READ.THIS.ONE.

Glimmer is a bam, in-your-face, sexy read. I was captivated, I was seduced and I couldn’t put it down. It was a delightful and happy surprise.

Dylan Durand is CEO of Durand Inc.  The company recruits potential managers by having the new hires go through a training process at their camp. The camp is focuses towards under privileged kids, by providing a positive outlet.   The new hires are in charge a set of kids to lead throughout the duration of the camp.

Alice just graduated and is surprised to find out that she landed a spot at the camp. She isn’t like the other hires. She doesn’t come from money and she doesn’t have connections.
But Dylan sees something in Alice during the interview and gives Alice a chance. 

You’re a goddess disguised as a bad-girl math geek.

I love when Dylan and Alice first meet. Alice goes in for an interview and Dylan is very polished and sophisticated. Alice doesn’t fumble during the interview, but her sassy mouth kind of gets her into trouble and she thinks she blows the interview. It’s completely adorable and cute.

I knew I was going to love this book.

 When Alice first arrives at the camp, it’s very apparent how different she is compared to the other hires. Some of them, like the girls kind of ignore her or make snarky comments. Of course there is someone (other than Dylan) who has interests in her and I love it!

Dylan shows up at the camp and you know where this is going! Dylan and Alice have great chemistry. I think what I loved about their relationship is that it wasn’t insta-love. Yes there’s incredible sexual tension, but I liked how they wanted to get to know each other. 

You don’t even know me

I know more than you think. And what I don’t know, I’m going to discover

What I really enjoyed is the mystery element of the book. There are some suspenseful parts and it sets a perfect background tone to the read. It’s kind of eerie, but completely addictive. You question who Dylan is, why is Alice paranoid, what secrets are Dylan keeping and what will happen to Alice?!
But during it all, the steamy scenes were the best! Oh my. Beth Kery did not disappoint. Glimmer is very kinky, but tasteful and very satisfying. I’m just being honest.

If he possessed her, he could control what happened to her. He could keep her- and in turn, a part of himself – safe and inviolate.

I can’t say it enough. I loved this book. I was completely surprised on everything. I loved the plot, the characters and the suspenseful parts. The book just worked from me. READ IT!



AMAZON - PAPERBACK - http://amzn.to/1JDxd9V
AMAZON - KINDLE - http://amzn.to/1EtQjPP
GLOW - PRE-ORDER
AMAZON
Beth Kery is the New York Times and USA Today best selling author of over thirty novels, novellas and serials. She writes contemporary romances as well as erotic contemporary romances, her hallmarks being emotional intensity, leap-off-the-page realistic characters and steamy sexual tension.

No comments:

Post a Comment