Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Sustained (The Legal Briefs #2) by Emma Chase [Review]


A knight in tarnished armor is still a knight.
When you’re a defense attorney in Washington, DC, you see firsthand how hard life can be, and that sometimes the only way to survive is to be harder. I, Jake Becker, have a reputation for being cold, callous, and intimidating—and that suits me just fine. In fact, it’s necessary when I’m breaking down a witness on the stand.
Complications don’t work for me—I’m a “need-to-know” type of man. If you’re my client, tell me the basic facts. If you’re my date, stick to what will turn you on. I’m not a therapist or Prince Charming—and I don’t pretend to be.
Then Chelsea McQuaid and her six orphaned nieces and nephews came along and complicated the ever-loving hell out of my life. Now I'm going to Mommy & Me classes, One Direction concerts, the emergency room, and arguing cases in the principal's office.
Chelsea’s too sweet, too innocent, and too gorgeous for her own good. She tries to be tough, but she’s not. She needs someone to help her, defend her…and the kids.
And that — that, I know how to do.




6 Jake Becker is MY Book Hero Stars
I love Emma Chase. I think she’s adorable and completely humble for someone who is so successful. I haven’t loved a book as much as I loved Tangled, UNTIL now.

Gah, I loved Sustained. From the first sentence, I was gone. I was consumed, I was hooked, I was gobbling it up like a desperate woman needing her book fix.

Sustained is a standalone and is part of The Legal Brief series. Each book focuses on a lawyer and as much as I love Drew and Stanton, they need to move over, because JAKE is THE HERO.

I love the way the book begins. We are exposed to Jake.  Jake is good at his job.  As a defense attorney, he’s harsh, a brute and very arrogant. I mean, he can defend me anytime, day or place. Yes. Please. He doesn’t do relationships and he’s perfectly fine with that.  Not only I find Jake super sexy, but he’s so funny. Seriously, Emma is a writing genius. She made me crack up so many times. I never laughed so hard and my cheeks were sore from smiling.

Chelsea is a young twenty-something and she becomes a parent to six kids overnight. Her nieces and nephews have no one except Chelsea and she gladly takes the burden. You know why I love it right? Throw me a single mother book and I’m just ALL OVER IT! I love Chelsea. I love how sweet, endearing and independent she is. I love the relationship she has with the kids and I love the kids!
The kids were great, ages from fourteen to six months.  There was never a dull moment.  So you have an awesome Heroine, adorable kids and you throw in Jake, it’s going to be nothing, but fun times. I love the dynamics between Chelsea, Jake and the Kids. I felt like I was watching one of those sitcom shows and I just couldn’t get enough of it. Some of the kids run into trouble and Jake is there to save the day.

Chelsea likes having Jake around. I completely understand Chelsea. Her world is now the kids and when she gets some attention from another adult, she is appreciative of it. As much as Jake loves the kids, he’s not sure if he’s a family kind of man.  Jake has a bunch of Daddy issues and it makes me love him even more.

Sustained is a beautiful story. I SUPER ENJOYED it. I laughed, and yes, even cried. The chemistry and banter between Chelsea and Jake just worked for me. The kids were an extra element and it made the story.

If you love Tangled, or Emma Chase or both, you need to read Sustained. It’s a barrel of laughs and enjoyment.

An ARC was provided



SERIES 

Overruled #1 REVIEWAMAZON
Sustained #2 AMAZON
Appealed #3 AMAZON

Tangled Series


 Tangled #1 REVIEW | AMAZON
Twisted #2 AMAZON
Tamed #3 AMAZON
Tied #4 AMAZON


I got to meet Emma when she came down to Texas. I think she is completely adorable and totally sweet!  More book photos HERE



By day, Emma Chase is a devoted wife and mother of two who resides in a small, rural town in New Jersey. By night she is a keyboard crusader, toiling away the hours to bring her colorful characters and their endless antics to life. She has a long standing love/hate relationship with caffeine.
Emma is an avid reader. Before her children were born she was known to consume whole books in a single day. Writing has also always been a passion and with the 2013 release of her debut romantic comedy, Tangled, the ability to now call herself an author is nothing less than a dream come true.

No comments:

Post a Comment