Sunday, January 24, 2016

Echo (Bleeding Hearts #1) by A. Zavarelli [REVIEW]

How far would you go to save someone you love? Would you give up your body? Your mind? Your heart?

I did and it cost me everything.

He says he owns me. And it’s true.

I’ve signed over complete control of my body and life for six months to a man I don’t know. Five years he’s been planning this. They say revenge is a dish best served cold. But my blackmailer serves it up white hot. He’s addicted to my innocence, and I’m addicted to him.

He likes to hurt me. I love to let him. He brings me to life. He sets me free. He makes my heart feel things it shouldn’t.



But he also scares me. He holds the fate of my brother’s life in his hands. A life behind bars for crimes I know he didn’t commit. My blackmailer can’t give up his revenge on my family, and I can’t be with him if he doesn’t. But I’m nothing more than a butterfly caught in his net. Do I really have a choice?

6 Twisted Playing Games Stars
Ever since I got Kindle Unlimited I decided to pick up more unknown authors (author’s unknown to me). I’m a dark junkie so give me BDSM, slapping and my favorite choking. I was instantly hooked with Echo from page one. I couldn’t put it down and I read it in one sitting.

If you are a fan of Monster in his Eyes series by JM Darhower or the Kane Trilogy by Stylo Fantome then the Bleeding Hearts series is for you. It has an impossible love story with an alpha passionate Hero. The book was dark, steamy and very very very addictive. 

When Brighton was sixteen she meets a stranger who claims to be her brother’s best friend. After a stolen kiss she doesn’t see the man again… until five years later. 

“Because looking into the depths of those blue eyes was like free-falling a hundred stories. It was the ultimate high and I would do anything for it”

The thing that really hooked me in the story was Ryland, the Hero. The author does a great job in building up the characters. Ryland came out a bit mysterious and I was just greedy to find out what his story was and what did he want with Brighton. He was cold, detached, controlling and my perfect man to read!

“This was the devil himself snaking his way inside my heart and bending me to his well. This was addiction quickly morphing into obsession.”

“He was dark and twisted, but maybe I was too”

Brighton is alone. Her mother is a drug addict and her brother is in prison. She moves to San Francisco only to realize her new job fell through. She meets a friend, Nicole, and Nicole helps Brighton find a job. I really liked Nicole. I know she isn’t the main character, but I love all the side characters in the book. I would love for Nicole to have her own story too.  That’s how much I love the side characters.

I feel for Brighton. She’s naïve, young and filled with hopes in dreams. She’s also very poor, so she settles and takes a job as an assistant, but she catches the owner’s eye, Ryland. Yeah, don’t you love the story? BUT there’s so much more. This isn’t your typical rich Billionaire Hero lusting after the Heroine story, oh no. There’s so much depth to this book.

Brighton gets a note from a stranger saying they could get her brother out of jail if she does whatever the stranger says for six months. He will basically own her in every way. That has to hook you in by now! It hasn’t, okay, wait, there’s more.

So Brighton of course takes the deal and becomes, lack of the better word, his sex slave. It’s really juicy and steamy and the scenes are dark. These aren’t typical steamy scenes and at times it made me blush. I couldn’t get enough of it.

“I’m not your hero. I’m not the man you want me to be, and someday soon, you’ll understand that”
Throughout the book there are so many things that go one, like Brighton’s past and how Ryland is involved with Brighton. My two favorite things about this book were the dark aspects and the whole mystery to Ryland.

The writing was perfection, the pace was great and it flowed. I could have read hundreds more pages of this book. This author is definitely landing on my best author’s list. I suggest you give it a shot.
Side note: Book 2 continues the story and I have read it. Let’s just say, it’s just as good as book 1. 

 

ECHO #1 AMAZON
STUTTER #2 AMAZON



A romance book junkie, cat lover, and traveler when plagued by intense cases of wanderlust. I like all things chocolate, books that come with warnings, and pretty much any kind of characters that are dark and gritty.




No comments:

Post a Comment