Thursday, March 31, 2016

Deviant (Blood & Roses, #1) by Callie Hart [REVIEW]

Sloane

I'm not proud of the things I've done.
The things I've had to do.
The things I've given away.
but I'd give it all over again to find her.

Even if I die trying,
I have to find Alexis.

Zeth

She wants me to help her,
But I won't.
She wants me to save her sister,
But I can't.
She wants me to be her hero,
But I'm not a good man.

I am her damnation.

5 There’s Something about Zeth Stars
This is my first Callie Hart book. I’ve had this book on my kindle for over a year. After so many recommendations to read this book, I finally took the plunge. I didn’t know what I was getting myself into, but oh boy, what a treat I got.

This book is addictive and very very very kinky. Yup, sign me up!

This book isn’t just a romance book, it’s a suspenseful book as well and the secondary story-line plays a big role too. So be sure you like that kind of writing style. At times the book can be very descriptive, but it gives you an overall picture of what’s going on.

Sloane’s sister was kidnapped and she is looking for her. She’s told if she spends the night with a mysterious stranger, her PI will give her details on where Sloane can find her sibling.

Don’t you love the beginning? You know where this is going right?

Zeth isn’t your normal person. He’s ruthless, selfish and has specific needs. He likes things a certain way and he isn’t quiet about it. When he gets into the hotel room with Sloane, all bets are off and he’s going to enjoy his time with her, except, she doesn’t know what he looks like because the lights are off.

The beginning basically hooks you into the story and from there you are reading like mad to figure out what will happen. When will Zeth and Sloane meet again and how will things change between the two of them?

I like Sloane I find her endearing and I love her love for her sister. She would do ANYTHING to find her and I totally get that. I loved that she basically gave up her body and it added some nice chemistry between her and Zeth. Sloane is a good girl, she doesn’t break the law, but she sees something in Zeth and even though she protests a lot, she can’t get away from him.

Zeth is the bad boy you crave and love to hate. He’s not nice at all and he always has an agenda, but he can’t help his feelings for Sloane and he wants her badly. He doesn’t fight for her, but demands it and makes it hard for her to say no to him. Doesn’t that excite you?

I really like the banter between Zeth and Sloane. I find them at a tug-a-war at times. She doesn’t want to like him, but she needs him to find her sister. He doesn’t want to like her, but he can’t help the way his body responds to her presence. Also, like I said, there is a story of where did Sloane’s sister go and about every other chapter, we get a little closer to finding her. We get a closer look to who Zeth works for and Sloane tries to help in any way she can. It can drag a bit in these parts, but it does make you curious.

Overall, there’s a bad boy, kinky steamy scenes and a mysterious vibe, a totally win in my opinion.


SERIES

Deviant # 1 AMAZON (FREE)
Fracture #2 AMAZON
Burn #3 AMAZON
Fallen #4 AMAZON
Twisted #5 AMAZON
 Collateral  #6 AMAZON


Callie Hart is an obsessive romantic who loves throwing a dark twist into her stories. Her characters are imperfect, flawed individuals who dictate when she eats, sleeps and breathes. Callie's Internationally Bestselling Blood & Roses series has garnered well over 1000 5 star reviews


No comments:

Post a Comment