Sunday, March 13, 2016

The Traveling Man (Traveling #1) by Jane Harvey-Berrick [REVIEW]

Aimee Anderson is ten when the traveling carnival first comes to her nice little town. She doesn’t expect her world to change so completely. But meeting Kestrel Donohue puts her life on a different path.

Even though she only sees him for the two weeks of the year when he passes through her home town, his friendship is the most important of her life. As a child’s friendship grows to adult love, the choices become harder, and both Kes and Aimee realize that two weeks a year will never be enough.


5 Oh I would Travel for You Stars
The Traveling Man is my first Jane Harvey-Berrick read. I was in a reading slump and I wanted to read something with an epic romance. I was highly recommended to read this one and oh boy, what a journey I got.

There’s something about circus theme books that get you in the mood to be reckless, carefree and wild. I love it. I love unique characters and intense romance. I want passion, heartache and an in-depth story. The Traveling Man did that for me.

I really liked the way the story was written and the flow worked perfectly for me. It starts with Aimee as a ten-year old. Every year the circus would come to town and this is her first year to go. When she arrives she meets Kestrel, Kes, one of the carnie folks. So, you can see it’s a best-friend to lover romance and I loved the beginning. I loved reading Aimee and Kes’s young love and how innocent they were.

They were very much star-crossed lovers. Aimee has a protective father and Kes has a protective grandfather, but nothing would stop them from beginning together and your heart will ache because of how sweet it is.

Something happens and the book shifts. Now, as adults where Aimee is slowly moving on and Kes is too. I loved it when the book shifted because we get to the gritty part of the story. I loved both characters. I found Aimee the sweet typical Heroine that had only love blinders for Kes. I felt for her and I wanted her to have her dreams of being with someone perfect and working as a teacher.

I ached for Kes. He’s so tough, but he has his weaknesses which makes him endearing and also hot-headed. I really liked how the author portrayed Kes. He wasn’t the perfect Hero, but he fit. Kes and Aimee struggle to work out the relationship. There are a lot of hurt feelings they both need to overcome, also they both live very different lives. Aimee doesn’t travel and Kes is always on the road.

“I’d thought of Kes as my prince. When I came to know him better, I changed my mind, thinking of him instead as a dark lord. But that came later”

“He scared me and he protected me. He could be incredibly hurtful and incredibly thoughtful. He wasn’t perfect, but he was perfect for me”

I was hooked from the first page and I was glad to be sucked into this world. If you are looking for an epic romance with a circus theme, then this one is for you. 

SERIES


The Traveling Man #1 AMAZON
The Traveling Woman #2 AMAZON
Roustabout #3 AMAZON


I lived in London for over 10 years and have a love affair with New York. It's only since I have moved to the countryside, that the words have really begun to flow.

I live in a small village by the ocean and walk my little dog, Pip, every day. It’s on those beachside walks that I have all my best ideas.

Writing has become a way of life – and one that I love to share.

http://www.janeharveyberrick.com



No comments:

Post a Comment