Wednesday, April 27, 2016

The Cookies & Cups Cookbook [Review]

Wait Jacqueline, this isn't a romance book. No, this isn't, but did you know I cook (sometimes, more when I wasn't a mother, but I do love to whip something up in the kitchen). The Cookies and Cups Cookbook is more than just sweets, there's savory foods too! I have a major sweet tooth, but since I'm pregnant, I'm watching my sugar intake. Also, husband is gaining weight with me, so I needed to find something healthy and within our life style.

I made the Cashew Chicken minus the Cashew because we are a tree nut free home.  I also added mushrooms. The great thing about this dish is that you can add or take away whatever you want.


Save time by buying prewashed and precut veggies!


The sauce, so easy, I only used one measuring cup.  Also, most of the ingredients were in my pantry. Double win! 



I bought thinly sliced chicken, it saved me some cutting time.


It's a one pan dish. So the clean up is easy. 


 


And there you have it. A very easy, healthy and fun meal. What I love about this cookbook is that each recipe has a picture. That is so important to me, I need to see what I am cooking. I'm a crazy cookie fan, so come this Christmas, I will be using the sweets recipes.






No comments:

Post a Comment