Monday, June 27, 2016

Man Candy by Melanie Harlow [Review]

He’s back.

Not just back in town, but living in the flat right beneath mine. And he looks good enough to eat, which is just one more reason to stay away from him.

But I can’t resist.

The sex is incredible (pretty sure we’ve shaken the house right off its foundation), but he can’t fool me—not this time. A degree in marketing and five years in advertising have taught me that “true love” is a fairy tale used to sell lipstick, diamonds, and perfume. It doesn’t exist.

He thinks I’m wrong, and he wants to prove it.

I think he’s crazy, so I dare him to try.


It might be the biggest mistake of my life.


4.5 Cover Lick Stars
Melaine Harlow is my go-to author for happy-go-lucky-reads. I’m always in a good mood after I finish one of her books and Man Candy is no exception.

This is an older brother’s best friend book and I simply love it!

Jamie has had a crush on her older brother’s best friend for forever. When she’s a teenager she finally makes her advances after years of flirting. The only thing is, it back fired and Quinn kind of laughed it off. After that, Quinn moved for college and hasn’t been back in ten years.

Don’t you love that opening? You just feel for Jamie and it’s completely adorable. Quinn became a model, but now he’s moved back home to quit modeling and go back to school.

And Quinn is Jamie’s new roommate. This is the perfect set-up for a cute book. I love the banter and chemistry between Quinn and Jamie. Quinn wants Jamie, he’s always wanted her but because of his best friend and the family ties, and he never pursued her. You know I love it when a Hero chases after the Heroine. 

I LOVED LOVED LOVED Quinn. I found him handsome, sane and possessive. I love how he is so level headed in this book and how much he cares for Jamie. He will make your heart swoon with glee.

Jamie is jilted and she hasn’t forgotten. Jamie has her heart guarded, she’s never been in love and she doesn’t believe in love. I understood Jamie and her issues, but at times, it was a bit much. How much does a man how to do before she can let him in. The whole “I don’t believe in romance” thing was getting on my nerves, but it adds some nice spicy tension to the read.

I gobbled this book up like mad and read it in sitting. It’s a really super cute adorable book and everyone must read it!




Other Books by Melaine Harlow

Some Sort of Happy #1 AMAZON
Some Sort of Crazy #2 AMAZON
Some Sort of Love #3 AMAZON | REVIEW



Melanie Harlow likes her martinis dry, her heels high, and her history with the naughty bits left in. She writes contemporary and historical romance from her home near Detroit, MI.


No comments:

Post a Comment