Monday, April 3, 2017

72 Hours by Bella Jewel

A FATE WORSE THAN DEATH.
 It’s all part of his sick game. A game he’s been planning for an entire decade. Now everything is perfect: One woman and one man have been selected. They used to be a couple—and they can no longer stand one another. They are the perfect victims. He doesn’t intend for the game to be easy. He wants to push them to the brink of insanity, to make his hunt real. . .

A DESIRE WORTH FIGHTING FOR. . .
 The couple has been captured and dumped into a massive wooded area. There’s only one rule in this fatal game: They will have 72 hours to find a way out before the sadistic serial killer begins his hunt . . .But what he never could have expected was the explosive passion that ignites between the two ex-lovers—one that makes them strong. Fierce. And determined to do whatever it takes to escape—and to survive. . .




3 Catch Me if you Can Stars
It’s been two years since I’ve read a Bella Jewel book. I was really curious about 72 Hours because of the title and cover. I love a good suspense book so I went into this one with slightly higher expectations.

72 Hours to my surprise was a fast pace book. Usually the suspenseful books I read have a bit more meat to them, so the pace threw me off a bit. I know a lot of people like fast books, so this one will be right for them.

What I struggled most was the Heroine. I’m not a big fan of angsty books and this one was FILLED with angst.  Lara is a character that needed to be redeemed by the end of the book. She acts very childish and is very weak. I didn’t really understand nor accepted some of her actions, especially when she was really mean to Noah. The man just wanted to talk to her, but she kept on pushing him away, almost daily. It was a struggle for me to read.

Noah is the shining light of the book. He’s so sweet, so caring and he adores Lara, flaws and all. I wanted them to work out based on Noah’s character alone.

So, they have a horrible relationship with each other and bam, they are both kidnapped and have 72 hours to prepare before they get hunted.

Remember that movie Saw? Where the villain kidnaps random people and give them tasks before they die? It kind of felt like that. I felt like I was watching / reading a movie. Lara and Noah are dumped somewhere in the woods and they have 72 hours to prep before the killer comes after them.
Here’s the thing with me. I get fictional books. I GET IT. I really do. But I’m married to survivalist. We have one of those zombie back packs, you know if they world is falling apart back packs, I have water tablets and protein bars in a backpack ready for us if we have to flee the country. SO, when I read when the characters are going to get hunted and they take time to take a bath, it was really hard for me to follow.

If I could have put all of that aside, the realistic part of the book, I would have followed the story better. It’s hard to read a character getting hurt, but have enough strength to run through the woods. I just couldn’t get sucked into it.

What I did like about the book was that it was suspenseful and at a few times my heart was beating fast and I was wondering what would happen next. I did like reading from the killer’s mind from time to time. It got me more in the mood.  I also liked how Lara and Noah balanced each other.
Overall, if you like fast pace thrillers with a crazy villain, then this one is for you.

An ARC was provided



I'm a new aussie author and I am as crazy as they come. I'm playful, friendly and always up for a chat



No comments:

Post a Comment