Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Rock Chick (Rock Chick #1) by Kristen Ashley

Rock Chick (Rock Chick, #1)Rock Chick by Kristen Ashley
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

3.5 Stars

“Honey, it’s good you’re gorgeous or you’d be a pain in the ass”


I am starting to become a fan of Kristen Ashley. I started reading the Dream Man series and decided to venture to Kristen’s other series. I am not a huge fan of murder mysteries, however I love comical murder mysteries, so when I read the summary of Rock Chick, I just thought to myself, “well, why not?”

Of course, there’s a lot of the typical Kristen’s writing, which includes crazy possessive men who are always rich and have been either in the army or are street smart , add the crazy heroine who is adventurous, loyal and some-what spunky and you got yourself ingredients I love!

“You don’t tell me, I’ll go through every one of your men, that way, I’ll be sure to get the fuck”

Holy shit. I nearly wet myself.


Indy Savage is not really your typical person, she owns a book store, but it seems like this is more of a front than anything. She goes into work whenever she feels like it and closes shop if she doesn’t want to work, who does that? I guess it makes it easier to take on adventures with her long time crush Lee Nightingale.

Sure, the love story is there, but it’s really a murder mystery book. I like all the characters that come into play; you have the crazy best friend Alley, the cool guy friend Tex and Lee’s sexy work men. You throw in some funny situations and witty comments and the book becomes this big ball of laughter. I really did laugh out loud at some of the parts, like

“So now you’re getting shot at, you’re gonna leave me?”

“Girlie, I’m from Texas. We shot at each other to say good morning.”


Coming from someone that is from Texas, yeah it’s kind of like that.
Conclusion, I’ve read about 3 of Kristen Ashely’s and I won’t stop at that, definitely a good read.

“I don’t think I’m done being pissed at you,” I told him.
“That’s okay,” he said against my ear, “I can still make love to you when you’re angry.”



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment