Friday, December 14, 2012

Back to You by Priscilla Glenn

Back to YouBack to You by Priscilla Glenn
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

4.5 Stars

It’s really refreshing reading a new author. I greatly enjoyed Back To You, to sum it up in one word, I would describe Back To You as SIMPLE.

Lauren is a school teacher, on her first day of work at a daycare, she runs into her high school crush/ex-best friend/lover, Michael, who she hasn’t seen in 8 years. We get the impression that the relationship ended badly and it was Michael’s fault, but we don’t know why.

I hate books with different timelines, whenever I get into a book, I read the first chapter, it usually draws me in and then all of sudden I’m jumped 10 years back and it just gives me this negative vibe. I really liked reading Laruen and Michael’s high school story, however, every time I was in the past, I was just on edge, because I knew Michael did something horrible and I was just waiting for the ball to drop.

Priscilla Glenn really knows how to write a book with tension. I felt like I was on a train waiting for an accident to happen and every time I think this is it, it’s going to CRASH! Priscilla teases you and says, oh just kidding, it’s not going to happen now. It was frustrating, yet wonderful at the same time.

Call me an optimistic book reader, but I wanted Michael’s story to be a little less sad and him to be a little less as the martyr. Lauren is sweet, sometimes too sweet. I think if there was anything wrong with the relationship is that Michael and Lauren’s characters were too good to each other, in a way it became self destructive.

Back To You was a nice read. I would recommend and I’m going to look out for more Priscilla Glenn books because the writing was a little dramatic, yet straight forward and overall pleasant.

No comments:

Post a Comment