Friday, December 14, 2012

Book Review - Command Performance (Comfort Series, #4) by Annabel Joseph

Command Performance (Comfort Series, #4)Command Performance by Annabel Joseph
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

3.5 Stars

I was team Mason in Book 3 of Comfort Series, don’t get me wrong, I liked Kai, but I always found Mason’s character fascinating. I was very happy to have book 4, Command Performance to be Mason’s story. The book started out great and it basically picks off where Mason’s story left off in book 3, with a lapse of 1 year. Mason is depressed, single and he wants someone in his life, however towards the middle-end, I start to get frustrated. I love tension in books, but only if the reason is justified and in my opinion, I didn’t think it was.

So, Mason’s career is shaky, his image is tainted as this crazy pervert, so he dates, sweet Miri to sweeten his imagine. Miri is sweet, but she is intrigued with being bad as well. This is the part where I am all for, I also like the fact when Mason and Miri relationship starts off, the two of them are pretty much honest with each other. Mason teaches Miri on what kind of kinks he’s into and Miri is more than willing to try anything at least once.

Towards the middle-end, you need tension right? I get that every relationship needs some ups and downs, but I really didn’t understand the reasoning. I felt like Annabel Joseph could have come up with a better reason. Mason’s and Miri’s relationship is no fairy tale, Command Performance reminds me a lot like book 1, Mason is a true sadistic and at times it was hard for me to push through those parts. I think having 4 books in the series is just enough.

Overall the Comfort Series does not portray the perfect relationships, each character has his/her faults. Each book is different, some are mild and some are a bit hard to read, but everything is pretty much balanced and well-rounded.

I recommend book 4, Command Performance and the other 3 books in the series. Don’t just stop at one, since each book is so different, the second might be more within your taste range.


No comments:

Post a Comment