Friday, December 28, 2012

Book Review - Fallen Too Far (Too Far, #1) by Abbi Glines

Fallen Too Far (Too Far, #1)Fallen Too Far by Abbi Glines
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

4 Stars

I’ll admit, when I read my first book by Abbi Glines, Breathe I was not a fan, in fact I basically decided to write her off as a writer, however I was recommended to read The Vincent Boys, which I also wasn’t a fan of, but not because of the writing, just the with the overall plot. I decided to give Fallen Too Far a go because of all the good reviews and, I’ll admit, I was very wrong with my first impression of Abbi Glines.

Fallen Too Far is about a girl named Blaire and after taking care of her dying sick Mom, Blaire goes to visit her father, so she has a place a stay. When Blaire shows up at her father’s house, she soon realizes that the house her father lives in doesn’t belong to her father, but her father’s stepson (Blaire’s step brother), who is wealthy and is a man-whore. Blaire convinces her stepbrother, Rush, to let her stay at his house for a month while Blaire works and saves money for an apartment.

I didn’t really pay too much attention to the summary, so when I started to read Fallen Too Far I was instantly pulled in. I love a damsel in distress storyline and by having poor Blaire show up at Rush’s house with just a Truck and $20 in her pocket put a smile on my face. I also love how harsh and rude Rush is because everyone loves a mean bad boy. The banter between Blaire and Rush is very good and the tension is high.

I love easy reads, but this book was just too short for me, I felt like Blaire and Rush’s relationship moved a little too fast, but other than that, I can’t really complain.
Of course there’s more twist and turns down the book and I loved every minute of it. I usually don’t like cliff-hanger endings, but this one was perfect for me.

Fallen Too Far is a juicy steamy read, I recommend (only if you are okay with a MAJOR cliff-hanger ending).


No comments:

Post a Comment