Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Forever Mine (The Moreno Brothers, #1) by Elizabeth Reyes

Forever Mine (The Moreno Brothers, #1)Forever Mine by Elizabeth Reyes
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

2 stars

I should give a 1 star rating, but I thought that is kind of mean, considering the writing was okay, my main issue steams from the ridiculous plot

Forever Mine is by far one of the most annoying reads I have come across in a very long time. Probably everything I detest in a book was written in.

Sarah’s mom got sent to jail, so, Sarah is sent to live in another city with her friend Valarie. Sarah would rather stay home town and live with her guy friend, Sydney, but mom said no. Sarah is the new girl at school and catches Angel’s eye, but once Angel tells Sarah he doesn’t believe guys and girls can have a platonic relationship, Sarah thinks its best not to tell Angel her best friend, Sydney is a guy.

Okay, so if I read the above summary I probably would have never picked up the book, but I didn’t, so I only have myself to blame. The reviews were mixed, but I still thought Forever Mine could have been a good read, BUT, I.WAS.WRONG.

Let me state the obvious, I HATE IT when the MAIN PROBLEM (aka PLOT) can be solved in a matter of minutes, heck, seconds in this case!

I thought Sarah and Angel’s relationship form fairly quickly, but I figure the whole book would be about the relationship, so I didn’t complain too much. The beginning was 100% fine, I liked Sarah’s back-story and Angel seemed to be funny and cocky, like I said, no complaining!

Oh how quickly things can turn sour.

The minute Sarah decides not to tell Angel that her best friend Sydney is a guy (because she is scared of Angel’s reaction), I think I seriously debated dropping the book. I actually paused and thought to myself, is this worth reading? The ONLY REASON why I kept on reading was because Sarah’s decision to keep the secret from Angel was so into the beginning of the book, I figure that couldn’t possibly be the only problem. YES, THAT WAS THE MAIN PROBLEM.

I can’t believe I read hundreds of pages of Sarah not being able to tell Angel this, I mean, I rather Sydney be her boyfriend and she cheats on Angel, then, at least that secret was justified.
Is Sarah a complete moron?

I have so many other issues, but I don’t want to give it away, I just think Sarah’s actions are so unrealistic, no 17 year- old girl would do the things she does and still not be able to tell her secret.

It just DID.NOT.MAKE.SENSE!!!

Once I reached the climatic ending where the coach is involved, I can whole heartily agree on how STUPID Sarah is.

I am not sure if I can move on to book 2, if it’s anything like Forever Mine, I may combust with anger.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment