Sunday, March 24, 2013

Falling into you by Jasinda Wilder


5 Stars!!!!!

I’m not just falling in love with you, Nell.

I’m falling into you.





Falling Into You is a Fabulous. Fantastic. Swoon-Worthy. Emotional. Incredible. READ!!!

I want to kick myself in the butt for waiting so long before I picked up this book. One of the reasons why I waited so long was because I wasn’t a fan of the blurb. Even though lately I have been liking depressing reads, I just didn’t want to get into the whole brother-death thing, but Falling Into You was JUST.SO.MUCH.MORE.

[Summary/Blurb]

The summary is basically everything you needed to know and after finishing my read, I realized how perfect the blurb was. Nell fell in love with her best-friend, Kyle and then one day he dies. Nell is having a hard time grasping Kyle’s death. Kyle has an older brother, Colton, who Nell hasn’t really interacted with since Colton moved away years ago. Because of similar pains, Colton helps Nell heal her wounds.

[My review]

Falling Into You was perfectly written. I really loved the writing style because Jasinda Wilder wrote in chronological order and there was ZERO FLASHBACKS. I can’t STRESS how much I love that. Because Wilder wrote it in chronological order, I really did get to understand Klye’s and Nell’s relationship.

A lot of times when you read a book where the Heroine has to deal with a past pain, it’s usually a big mystery and when you do find out what it is, you can’t really empathize because you as the reader ,didn’t get a chance to feel what the Heroine is feeling. However,I.FELT.NELL’s.PAIN to the fullest.

[Disclaimer]

Many readers don’t want to read a book where a guy dies, I get it, but Falling Into You isn’t just about that. Yes, you do like Kyle and yes, it’s sad, but you are so consumed with the story, his death is just a side note. I hope that makes sense, because I don’t want Kyle’s death to be a deterrent to why people don’t pick up this book.

[Nell]

I 100% LOVED Nell. She is beautifully damaged and a perfect Heroine in my opinion. I get her, I understand her, and like I said, I feel for her. Wilder paints a wonderful, yet broken picture of Nell and you see her starting out as this young teenager and slowly growing into a woman but still trying to figure out what to do with herself.

There’s darkness in this girl, now. I almost don’t want to get involved. She’ll hurt me. I know this. I can see it, feel it coming. She’s got so much pain, so many cracks and shards and jags in her soul, and I’m going to get cut by her if I’m not careful.


[Colton]

I 100% LOVE Colton, yep, he’s up there in my book boyfriends, next to the Travis, next to the Christian and next to the Gideon. Yes, bring on the tattoos, bulky built, dominate, ruff-around-the-edges, scruffy, alpha male PLEASE! In the beginning you don’t really get a clear picture of who Colton is, but slowly as his character develops, you form an attachment to him and yes, fall in love with him.

Taking a moment to **SWOON**

[My version of Colton]



I don’t deserve her, but I’m an asshole, a selfish bastard, so I take what I can get from her, and try to make sure I give her the best I’ve got.

[Overall]

Falling Into You is written from both Colton’s and Nell’s POV. The read is very fast pace and at times I wonder if it could have been a little longer, but overall, I think the length and tone was just right for me. There’s plenty of character development and a lot of emotional baggage that comes out. If you aren’t into emotional books then this isn’t for you.

There were no annoying points and almost everything that needed to be said was said at the right time. Overall the dance between tension and emotional revealing was (and I’ll say it again) perfect. The book is pretty steamy, but it doesn’t take away from the story, in all honestly it enhances it.

Compassion and pity are not the same: pity is looking down on someone, feeling sorry for them and offering nothing; compassion is seeing their pain and offering them understanding.

I’ve never dealt with the loss of anyone that close to me, but Nell’s and Colton’s emotions seem very realistic. I simply couldn’t put the book down.

I loved Falling Into You, it’s a type of read where I’ll definitely read again (I kind of wanted to after I just finished it). I recommend this book for those who like emotional, yet moving stories that will make you appreciate life.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment