Sunday, March 10, 2013

I Married a Billionaire by Melanie Marchande


3 Stars

I am not a fan of novellas, BUT I am a huge fan of new and self published authors, so I gave this one a go.

Although I Married a Billionaire didn’t hit it out of the park for me, it was still a valent effort and sweet read.

Maddy is your typical young city girl, she’s on her own and has a lot of bills and debt. Her boss, Daniel is going to be deported and conveniences Maddy to marry him and stay marry for a year so Daniel can stay in the country. Once that year is finished Maddy will get two million dollars.

Love the blub right? I know, the whole billionaire thing is very trendy right now, but I hate to say it, I love it! The summary isn’t very original, reminds me a lot like the movie “The Proposal”, but that didn’t bother me too much.

Let’s just get on with the review.

I married a billionaire has so much potential! I think if it was longer and Marchande played up the chemistry a little more between Maddy and Daniel, it could have been so much better.

I thought the tone was kind odd, I wasn’t sure if it was a steamy or light-hearted read. I felt like 50% of the story was light-hearted, then around the 75% mark things got steamy. I believe the whole book should have been light-hearted and the extra steamy scenes kind of took away from the “cuteness” of the storyline.

I didn’t get enough of Daniel, since it was told in Maddy’s POV. I didn’t see the dominate side of Daniel until towards the end and if that could have been exposed more towards the beginning, I would have understood his character better.

I thought the slow progression into the marriage was nice and it was leading up to something, but once we hit the wedding, honeymoon and afterwards, I kind of felt like everything was rushed. What happened to the tone? I really believe I Married a Billionare could have been a 4 star book without all the kinks. I have faith in Marchande and will not write her off yet.

Don’t give up on these kinds of books because they aren’t epic reads. Like I said before, I love new and self published authors. Overall, I Married a billionaire was a decent read for a first try.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment