Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Walking Disaster (Beautiful, #2) by Jamie McGuire



You know why I want you? I didn’t know I was lost until you found me. I didn’t know what alone was until the first night I spent without you in my bed. You’re the one thing I’ve got right.


5 Freaking-Fantastic-Fanatic-Stars!

Maybe together we were this volatile entity that would either implode or meld together. Either way, it seemed the moment I met her, my life had been turned upside down. And I didn’t want it any other way.

I must warn you, there will be a lot of Travis quotes…. So be prepared to SWOON, SIGH, and FAINT!!!

One of my favorite Travis quote…

I’ve been drinking, all right? Your skin was three inches from my face, and you’re beautiful, and you smell f&cking awesome when you sweat. I kissed you! I’m sorry! Get over yourself!

I’ll be honest, I didn’t have high expectations for Walking Disaster because I’m not a fan of re-reading the same story. I LOVED Beautiful Diaster and when I heard another book was going to be released but in Travis’ POV, I was excited, but not overly so, does that make sense?

HOWEVER

I was very wrong on my expectations, I LOVED Walking Disaster I don’t have many book boyfriends, but Travis would be one of the top contenders. Who doesn’t want their name tattooed on a guy’s wrist?!

You love me? - Travis

It’s the tattoos - Abby

I really enjoyed the beginning and ending, mostly because I really got a glimpse of what went on in Travis’ head when he wasn’t with Abby. I felt like Travis redeemed himself even more than he already did in Beautiful Disaster. It was interesting to know what went on his head when Abby was dating Parker or how bad he felt when Abby walked out on him after they had sex. You felt Travis’ pain during the rocky parts

I know we’re fucked up, all right? I’m impulsive and hot tempered, and you get under my skin like no one else. You act like you hate me one minute, and then you need me the next. I never get anything right, and I don’t deserve you… but I fucking love you, Abby.

I couldn’t put down the book and yes at some parts, especially towards the middle where it’s mostly dialogue I was kind of re-reading Beautiful Disaster, but I loved the original story so much that I’m not complaining. I felt like Jamie McGuire was just giving us reader an extra taste of our beloved story.


I love you more than my life, Pigeon

That’s exactly what I mean. That’s crazy talk.

It’s not crazy. It’s the truth


Yes, give me more crazy talk, give me more passion and dramatic actions, I need it and crave it! I have to say, the epilogue was Phenomenal! I have so many questions! Originally I thought Jamie McGuire was going to write spin-offs from Travis’ brother’s POV, but now I question if the series will continue, I will have to ask Jamie at her book signing tomorrow!

Leaving my finally quote I love…

I knew the second I met you that there was something about you I needed. Turns out it wasn’t something about you at all. It was just you.


UK Version is beautiful too.

No comments:

Post a Comment