Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Claim Me (Stark Trilogy, #2) by J Kenner



5 Stars


One word to describe Claim Me is HOTT Okay, maybe I am mostly describing Damien, but sheesh…I can’t help it… I need a fan to cool myself off!

I’m staying… In your bed, on the couch, in the goddamn bathtub. I don’t care, but you’re not getting rid of me. Not tonight.

I liked book 1, Release Me and the only reason why I didn’t give it a 5 star rating was because I thought the story was a bit unpolished. However, yet again, I am surprised and very happy that Claim Me exceed my expectations and then some.

[Summary]

We pick up right where we left off in Release me. On top of dealing with the relentless paparazzi Damien and Nikki are still working out their relationship. Damien has yet to reveal all of his secrets and Nikki is working out her strong feelings towards Damien.

[Review]

I know my blurb is kind of subpar, basically I would say there’s a lot that goes down and Damien and Nikki try to work on all the sh!t that is thrown their way.

I want to banish those memories and those emotions. I want to claim them and destroy. I want to survive them. And I want Damien to be the one to help me do that.

[Nikki]

I really like Nikki and Damien. Nikki is strong yet sensitive and I’m glad her “issues” are still somewhat still a major topic in this book. It makes her a little bit more real and relatable. I would say she is a bit more confident and it’s nice to see her grow as a character.

… I know two things. I am the first woman Damien has brought to the Malibu house. And more than that, I believe with a bone-deep certainty that I am the last

[Damien]

Now, for the star of the show, oh the many ways I love Damien. He is slowly climbing the ladder to be one of my top book boyfriends.


Damien is…

Stong. Confident. Dominate. Controlling. Successful. Passionate. Sexy. HOTT


I could go on, but I am limited to so many words, so I’ll leave it at that.

I like to think I am a mirror for you. That when you look at me, you see the reflection of everything you really are.

[Overall]

I can’t tell you how much I enjoyed this read. Yes, it was a bit slow at the beginning, but the middle-end and climatic-ending makes up for it. I LOVE LOVE LOVE these types of stories. I love stories with details, character development, a no-BS, no fuss kind of writing style.

Claim Me is very steamy and at times I wonder even if I could handle it, but it kind of just adds a little something more to the Damien and Nikki story-line. I really like the small banter between Nikki and Damien. There are plenty of sarcastic comments and I chuckled a few times when I read them.

I felt like there were many times J.Kenner could have gone the obvious route and played on my emotions, but it never went there. Everything was dramatic, yet refreshing and just really attention grabbing.

No matter where you go I will find you

There is no cliff-hanger ending in my opinion, but there is an opening for book 3, Complete Me which I will be counting the days until release! Oh and the excerpt from Complete Me was a nice touch too.




No comments:

Post a Comment