Thursday, July 4, 2013

Book Review - The Forever of Ella and Micha (The Secret, #2) by Jessica Sorensen





SIGH… I went back and forth between 3.5 and 4 stars…. Here is my thought process

[4 stars reasons]

I really enjoyed The Secret of Ella and Micha so I felt pressure to rate The Forever Ella and Micha higher

I really do like Jessica Sorensen, despite the cliffys, her reads are VERY angsty, which I love!

I started to love Micha a bit more in this one

[3.5 reasons]

The beginning was slow and it took me over a month to get into it

No one in my book club finished it… and these girls read 200+ books a year

I wanted to punch Ella in the face… several times

So… with that said, I just went in the middle and decided 3.75 is my rating.

[Disclaimer]

I’ll be honest, I had high expectations for this read, I think for one, there was such a huge gap between book 1 to book 2, I was riding on the hype and also, by the title alone, I thought I was going to read about two engaged or soon-to-be engaged couple. I don’t want to give anything away, but my expectations weren’t met…. Sort of.


[Review]

We pick up right where The Secret of Ella and Micha leaves off. I think, it’s been so long since I’ve read book 1, I think this is about correct. First off, the intro is very long. There was just so much that went in book 1, I kind of figured book 2 would be the same. Not so much. I think I picked it up four different times over the course of a month before I told myself I had to finish it.

Okay, I really didn’t want to write a negative review, so in all honestly it’s not that bad. There were some moments where I was glued to my tablet. Those were basically Micha moments. Now, Micha isn’t a book boyfriend for me, but damn, he sure knows how to treat a girl right. You can tell by the other glowing reviews.

Throughout the whole read I was just asking myself… What would it be like to kiss Micha and suck on that lickable lip ring?…no joke


You’re F&cking special and if I want to act all possessive over you when some stupid art guy hits on you right in front of me, I’m going to

I’m sorry, pretty girl, but you really don’t get to choose what I want, what I do, or who I get to be with. So unless you want me to leave you because you don’t love me anymore, I’m not going anywhere.

Anyhow…

The whole book is basically about Ella flippin the F out. I mean, it’s subtle at first, but then she slowly gets a little well… emotional, girly and kind of irrational. Then you have sweet oh sweet Micha who does anything to make her feel better. I really wanted to cuddle with Micha and push Ella over a bridge.

I think The Forever of Ella and Micha is the perfect read for the Ella and Micha die-hard fans. Don’t get me wrong, I do like them, I just didn’t get the same feeling as the other glowing reviewers. I will continue with the series and I hope Sorensen goes back to book 1 roots and ups the angst a notch for book 3… oh and make Ella less crazy.

Overall rating 3.75 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment