Saturday, December 1, 2012

The Secret of Ella and Micha (The Secret, #1) by Jessica Sorensen

The Secret of Ella and Micha (The Secret, #1)The Secret of Ella and Micha by Jessica Sorensen
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

4 Stars

I was going back and forth between 3.5 and 4 stars and the more I thought about it, I really didn’t have anything too negative to say, other than, I found the book a bit too short and the title a bit too long.

The Secret of Ella and Micha is your average typical teen angst contemporary romance book. Ella has a hard time coping with her mom’s death and on the night she runs away she kisses her childhood’s best friend, Micha, right before Micha tells Ella he is in love with her. 8 months later, Ella comes back for the summer during college break and there the story begins.

I liked Ella, she’s damaged goods and she does what a typical girl does in any hard situation, she runs away. I understand why she does the things she does. I didn’t think it was necessary for Jessica Sorensen to relate “rebels” with Goth and “prissy” with prep, but I guess the point had to be made.

As much as I wanted to like Micha, I found his character too hard to believe. Why does he keep on fighting for her? Ella left him, for a while, and when she came back Ella still pushes Micha away, repeatedly. Micha really stepped it up towards the end when he decided to start dealing with his own issues. I liked the ended a lot. I felt like the characters were growing and started to develop and it’s making me look forward to book 2.

Even though it was an angsty book, it was kind of tame, not so much light-hearted, but a good fun fast read. Jessica Sorensen did a good job, I just hope book 2 focuses more on Micha’s issues and it’s a bit longer so we can really get into the nitty gritty of Ella and Micha’s relationship.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment