Sunday, September 15, 2013

Book Review - Backstage Pass (Sinners on Tour #1) by Olivia Cunning


4 rockin’ Steamy Stars

I started Backstage pass three times. I think each time I read it, I was just not in the right frame of mind, meaning, I wasn’t in the mood to read a super steamy read. HOWEVER this time I am and well, there was plenty of steam and then some.

Brian is the lead guitarist for a rock band. Myrna is a college human sexuality professor.  Both run into each other and even though Myrna is older and more conservative, she’s curious to what adventuress Brian can do for her. 

There’s a lot of sex in this book.  The high ratings are for those who appreciated it and it worked for them.  The lower ratings are probably because there was too much sex. I personally stand in the middle.
I liked the steam. I was in the mood for a steamy kinky read and Backstage Pass gave me enough to tickle my fancy and keep me interested.  I also liked the side characters, Brian’s band members and how they interacted with each other and Myrna.


However, I couldn’t connect with Myrna and Brian. I don’t know if it’s because she’s older and that’s kind of not my thing or I couldn’t see what they saw in each other.  I understood why Myrna was a little standoffish and I liked it was the Heroine pushing back, than the sluty rock star.

Backstage Pass was a quick easy read that gave me plenty of steam to keep me going on.  I am looking forward to moving on with the series and getting to know the other band members. I hope with each book I pick up, some of the kink is picked up a notch and I have a feeling it will.

ADD TO - > GOODREADS
PURCHASE - > AMAZON - B&N

No comments:

Post a Comment