Thursday, October 3, 2013

Book Review - Unbeautifully (Undeniable, #2) by Madeline Sheehan



Everything has beauty.

Even the ugly.


Especially the ugly.

Because without the ugly, there would be no beauty.

Because without beauty, we would not survive our pain, our sorrow, and our suffering.

5 beautifully scared stars

It’s been awhile since I’ve read Madeline Sheehan reads. I loved book 1, Undeniable, Eva and Deuce’s story. But, when I heard about Danny and Ripper’s story I’ll admit, I wasn’t fully sold. It all came down to the reviews and good Lord, by the time book 3 came out, I knew it was to pick up the series again.

Unbeautifully is wow. Sheehan did not disappoint and if you were a fan before, well you will be very, very, very happy.

Danny is Deuce’s daughter from his first wife. She’s a happy go-lucky girl, who loves pink and is super girlie. Ripper is Deuce’s right hand man and 14 years Danny’s senior. Ripper is also physical scared from a kidnaping and torture that happened in the past. Someone once told me this book could be described as a Beauty and Beast fairy tale and I would have to agree (on some level).


Of course Danny and Ripper have some chemistry and attraction. And of course Madeline throws some shit in there to keep us on their toes. You will be screaming, “oh why can’t they just get together?!”. Are there Star cross lovers? Yes. Are there weak and strong characters? Yep. Is the word “fuck” used a lot? You betcha. If that is your type of thing, then go for it!


Ripper was perfect. Perfectly flawed and everything I hadn’t known I’d wanted in a man until this… him… us.

I do have one compliant and what’s up with reading the ending in the beginning? I do not like that, it’s a major pet peeve of mine. If you want to skip that part, just skip the prologue or chapter one (I forget how it starts).

I don’t think Unbeautifully is as gritty as Undeniable, but there are plenty WTF moments, which I liked. I know when I go into a Sheehan read, I know I’m going into a bumpy ride. I know she’s gonna punch me in the gut several times, but like the bitch I am, I’m gonna ask for more, because I simply can’t stop reading.

Again, I loved Eva and Deuce’s story and I appreciate how much of a role they had in book 2. I felt like Sheehan was still giving me a taste of my beloved characters. There is plenty of lead-up to book 3 and I will read it, but not anytime soon. I need some light-hearted books in between, I’m that much of a pussy.

So if you loved Undeniable, then read Unbeautifully

No comments:

Post a Comment