Tuesday, January 21, 2014

The Lonely (The Lonely, #1) by Tara Brown

The Lonely (The Lonely, #1)The Lonely by Tara Brown
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

5 Stars

Holy Hell This book is CRAZY!!!!

Like … dark… twisted… wickedly yummy


I did know a few things about The Lonely, I read a spoiler and I regret reading it, but I don’t think I would have picked up on it if I had not read it. Don’t worry I won’t tell you.

First off, I will have to say there are three parts to this book (well I have broken it down into three parts).

The first part is really light. You get a bit of an introduction to Emalyn Spicer and the first thing you notice is her severe case of OCD. It’s not as annoying as I thought it would be, I actually did feel for her and wondered what her deal was. What caused her to be the way she is? She meets a boy named Sebastian and she desperately wants to be “normal” so she can purse a relationship with him.

BUT there is always a little hitch right? So there’s the case of her benefactor… a what? Yes, a man who supports her, as in pays for her college, bills, and her life style. It doesn’t seem as shady as it sounds. The only communication Emalyn and her benefactor has, is through the phone and texts. This was probably one of my favorite parts of the book because the benefactor was so “controlling” and mysterious. I couldn’t get enough.

The Second part is a HUGE shift. The book goes from light to SUPER DARK and you are like, oh holy H, this is what EVERYONE IS TALKING ABOUT.

I COULD NOT GET ENOUGH. I WAS JUST GLUED

It felt like there was this huge puzzle you had to figure out and I was kind of slowly piecing it all together.

The last part and final part is the resolution and tension. I really liked this part because the first two parts were just so extreme, this last section of the book kind of meshed the two together and it really got into the nitty and gritty of the story. Mysteries were discovered, past were uncovered and MY MIND WAS LIKE WHAT?!

I had no expectations for this book, expect for the extreme reviews. I didn’t know if I would be a lover or a hater, but I’m glad it was a hit for me. I am not sure if I will move on to The Lonely Boy, only because I’m going away from companion novels, but it would be nice to see the alternative POV.

My only negative comment… the cover is awfully ugly, but I love the Lost Boy cover. I’m a cover whore, what do you expect?


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment