Friday, January 24, 2014

Truce: The Historical Neighbor from Hell (Neighbor from Hell, #4) by R.L. Mathewson

Truce: The Historic Neighbor from Hell (Neighbor from Hell, #4)Truce: The Historic Neighbor from Hell by R.L. Mathewson
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

4.5 Historical Stars

Before I got into romance novels or *cough* smut, I read historical romance novels. I’ve always liked them. So I was pretty surprised in the middle of a series, Mathewson would publish a historical piece within the contemporary series.

I wish more authors would do this. Now, there is a tiny disclaimer, Mathewson noted it’s not going to be entirely accurate, which is true, but you take it for what it is.

Truce is a hilarious, laugh-out-loud read, I recommend for all you Mathewson fans. Historical romance novels may not be your thing, but give this one a shot, because I am pretty sure your mind will change.

Elizabeth and Robert grew up together and hate each other. As kids they would pull pranks and make each other lives a living hell. Eventually the two families grew apart. Fourteen years later, both Elizabeth and Robert feel the pressure from their parents to get married. During a ball, both try to find peace in a garden nearby. They hadn’t seen each other in fourteen years and do not recognize each other, so of course, things get steamy.

What makes it so funny is when Elizabeth and Robert realizes who each other are and try their best to get out of each other’s way, but they seem to always end up in crazy situations. I love this story line. I love the boy hates girl, then can’t help himself in the end kind of reads. It makes my body tingle and my face full of smiles.

Mathewson wrote Truce well and in true Mathewson form, there’s plenty of oh my gosh, that’s too silly moments. Elizabeth is a strong Heroine. I love that. She simply wants to come of age so she can get her inheritance and be out from her family’s thumb. Robert is a butt, but a good man. The tension and beef between Elizabeth and Robert is … I can’t say it enough FUNNY! Oh the moments where they both get into trouble, I just couldn’t get enough of.

It’s a sweet, funny, adorable read.

Series Order
Playing for Keeps (Neighbor from Hell, #1) AMAZON
Perfection (Neighbor from Hell, #2) AMAZON
Checkmate (Neighbor from Hell, #3) AMAZON
Truce  The Historic Neighbor from Hell (Neighbor from Hell, #4) AMAZON

No comments:

Post a Comment