Saturday, February 1, 2014

Beautiful Stranger (Beautiful Bastard, #1) by Christina Lauren

Beautiful Stranger (Beautiful Bastard, #2)Beautiful Stranger by Christina Lauren
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

WOW… YES 4 STARS

I’m glad I didn’t give up on the series, considering I gave Beautiful Bastard a not so glowing review. I was told I would like Beautiful Stranger more and YES I DO!!!!

Sara just got out of a relationship with her cheating ex. It really messed her up and she decides to have a fresh new start, by moving to NY and being with her best friend. Max is successful play boy Brit. He doesn’t do commitment, but when a beautiful stranger offers no strings attached sex, it’s difficult for Max to say no.

I really really really really really liked Beautiful Stranger. It’s a light, easy, short, no fuss story that is perfect for nice happy read. THANK GOD!

Sara is a little annoying, but I get why she’s so head-strong. Her ex did a number on her, she doesn’t want to put her heart out there. I would say Sara is kind of finding herself and kind of going through a mini life crisis. She’s a very proper professional finance woman during the day, but at night, she wants to cut loose and LOVES TO HAVE PUBLIC SEX. It was refreshing seeing such a strong dominate women who can have causal sex. I like it.

Max is cute and who doesn’t like an accent? I actually do like the way he speaks, it’s not total British slang, but the ones that are sprinkled here and there make sense and fit. I’m a bit sticker on this, so it worked out for me. Sara and Max make a deal to have sex every Friday, but never in a bedroom and they never sleep over. The plot really interested me and I really liked it.

I really enjoyed reading Max cashing Sara, it wasn’t a huge tug and pull, but enough to keep me reading. I couldn’t put the book down.

I feel like another author just wrote this book. It’s so polished, it’s so edited, I feel like THIS IS WHAT IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN ALL ALONG!

I will move forward with the series.

Series Order
Beautiful Bastard (Beautiful Bastard, #1) REVIEW | AMAZON
Beautiful Stranger (Beautiful Bastard, #2) AMAZON

1 comment:

  1. I've read the entire series and I DO understand your views on Bastard (I read the fanfic which was actually different from the book). Although I did like Bastard, the story WAS a bit thin. Stranger was HOT. I LOVE Max and eventually started to like Sara too. I'm not sure if you'd like the novellas (Bitch and Bombshell) since they focus on Bennett and Chloe BUT, Max and Sara are in them and they are kinda short so, you might not have a problem with them. I must say though, I can't decide who I love more, Max (Stranger) or Will (Player). I can't wait to read your review of Player!!

    ReplyDelete