Wednesday, February 12, 2014

The Professional: Part 1 (The Game Maker, #1) by Kresley Cole

The Professional: Part 1 (The Game Maker, #1.1)The Professional: Part 1 by Kresley Cole
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

5 Body Guarding Stars

The Professional: Part 1 was a pleasant surprise! It was nothing what I expected and I simply wanted more.

Natalie has been searching for her birth parents for six years with no luck. On day at a bar, she notices a tattoo Russian stranger. She tries to buy him a drink, but was brushed off. When she goes home, she’s approached by her stranger, Aleksandr, who has been her bodyguard. Natalie is in danger and needs to flee to Russia to be with her biological father. Her father is a mob boss, which makes Natalie a mafia princess.

I loved the summary. I was hooked with bodyguard and mafia princess.

Natalie isn’t your typical small town farm girl. She’s driven, smart and holds down three jobs. Since the death of her adopted father, she has been in the search for her biological parents. She spends every penny in paying private investigators. She isn’t shy and she has friends, but she has priorities, men are not one of them. However, there’s something different about Aleksandr that makes him so different.

Aleksandr, oh my! I love the killer body guard, tattoo wearing Hero. He’s lickable, dreamy and oh lalalala. I just want to gobble him up. He’s a mystery and you want to know why he’s so cold and tough. As you read throughout the book, you start to get an understanding why he has kept his distance from Natalie even though he finds her so attractive.

Natalie isn’t allowed to leave the compound until the threat level has been decreased. She spends her days hanging out with her father and her VERY distant cousin, who has an interest in Natalie. I know, kind of icky, but the love triangle is interesting.

Had I known this series was broken into three mini books, I wouldn’t have picked it up. I thought it was three novels, but no it’s mini books. So part 1 was a very quick read, but there was still enough to develop the characters and story line. Also, now that I read part 1, I’m so okay that there are mini books. So of course there is a cliffy.

If you like mafia stories with a strong Heroine, READ THIS!

The Professional  Part 1 (The Game Maker, #1.1) AMAZON

No comments:

Post a Comment