Friday, March 14, 2014

Deeper (Caroline & West, #1) by Robin York

Deeper (Caroline & West, #1)Deeper by Robin York
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

4.5 Deep Stars

Oh my GAH!!!!! I just want to rip my hair out! BUT in a good way

Caroline has a sex tape released by her ex-boyfriend. She was on track to be a top involved student, making good grades and getting attention, but it all changed with the release of the video and photos. Now, Caroline wants to just be invisible.

One day, Caroline runs into West, her crush, who beats up Nate, Caroline’s ex-boyfriend. Caroline is confused and doesn’t know why West would beat up Nate and hopes it’s not because of her. After a year of admiring West from afar, she finally approaches him.

Caroline

I LOVE Caroline! I love the damsel in distress Heroine, but what I love more is how much Caroline changes throughout the read. Caroline is distraught and really scared. Everywhere she goes, people say snarky comments and she’s just depressed. She works actively to get the video and photos taken down, but it’s hard.

West

Ahhhh… you have to love the tortured Hero. West has a lot on his shoulders. He grew up in a trailer trash town and is in college because of a scholarship. West only goal is to work, so he can send his family money and become a doctor so he can support his family. He will do anything for money, even it means doing illegal things.

Review

The thing I enjoyed so much about Deep is the pace! Some complain that it’s too slow, but I was loved it! I forget how much I love slightly dramatic, low-key college reads. There’s just enough tension and angst to get me going. I really really really really loved Caroline and West slow building relationship. There was A LOT of sexual tension and I was just smiling from ear to ear.

Caroline doesn’t want anyone to know she is hanging out with West because people in college know who West is and Caroline just wants to be invisible. West doesn’t want a girlfriend or any distractions. Wests only goal is to make money. Caroline can’t sleep at nights because she’s too strung up by people’s comments and West works nights at a bakery.

When West finds Caroline in her car outside the bakery shop at two AM, he invites her in to just hang out, which I think is so adorable! Deeper has the perfect mixture of keeping you on the toes, but there’s nothing annoying or frustrating.

As Caroline and West get to know each other, there are plenty of issues that pop up, like Caroline’s horrible ex and West’s abusive father.

There is a part where I wanted to pull my hair out and it was my fault. I thought Deeper was a standalone, silly me, I should have known it was a series. I am happy that the Caroline and West story continues, but I was pretty back-handed by the ending.

It’s a good one though and I recommend.

Deeper (Caroline & West, #1)AMAZON

No comments:

Post a Comment