Monday, March 3, 2014

Leo (A Sign of Love, #1) by Mia Sheridan

Leo (A Sign of Love, #1)Leo by Mia Sheridan
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

4.5 I love Leo stars

I LOVED Leo, it was nothing what I expected and I was just hooked from the beginning to the end

Evie and Leo are foster care kids. They have known each other since they were little, but when Leo is fifteen, he gets adopted. Evie and Leo love each other and Leo makes Evie promise him to wait and that when Evie is eighteen, Leo will come back for Evie. Leo tells Evie he will write, but years later, Evie has never heard from Leo again.

Eight years later, Evie knows she is being stalked by a mysterious man. After a week of him stalking her, Evie approaches him and he tells her, his name is Jake and he’s a friend of Leo. He also tells Evie that on Leo’s death bed, Leo wanted Jake to check on Evie and make sure she is okay.

Evie is devastated, but realizes she wants to get to know Jake. She has unanswered questions.

Evie is such a strong Heroine. She grew up in foster care and hasn’t had the best upbringing or young adult life, but she makes the best of what she has. I love damaged Heroines who grow and learn from harsh past experiences. She works as a maid, but wants to be a writer. She hopes to go to college when she has enough money saved up.

Jake is mysterious, hot and rich. He’s a millionaire with a little Evie obsession. He pursues Evie because he’s drawn to her strong character sad past. I love Jake, he was kind of aggressive in pursuing Evie and it only made me more drawn to him.

I love the interaction between Evie and Jake. There was enough tension to make it interesting. There was insta-lust, but it only made it steamy and yummy. There are some flashback scenes, which were short enough to not annoy me, but it gave you a glimpse of how Evie was during her child hood.

I am not sure why there are so many reviews with DNF, because this one was a major hit for me. It had a perfect amount of pain, tension, steam and romance to keep me happy and entertained.

Leo (A Sign of Love, #1) AMAZON

No comments:

Post a Comment