Wednesday, March 5, 2014

TAUT: The Ford Book (Rook and Ronin Spinoff) by J.A. Huss

TAUT: The Ford Book (Rook and Ronin Spinoff)TAUT: The Ford Book by J.A. Huss
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

5 I’m CRAZY about Ford Stars

When my life is unraveling, and everything about it is slack, my poems are taut. My poems take the fray and wind it back together


I’m in love with Ford and I’m in love with J.A. Huss. Oh my goodness, what a rush, what a treat!

Note: Taut:The Ford Book is a spin off from the Rook and Ronin series. You do not need to read the Rook and Ronin series to understand The Ford Book, but you must know that Ford has feelings for Rook, who is the Heroine in the Rook and Ronin series.

SUMMARY

Ford Aston is not a nice guy. He’s rich, good looking and is emotionless. He does not empathize nor care about anyone except for himself and the few people he is close to. He’s in love with Rook, but Rook is with Ronin. On New Year’s eve Ford has enough and decides to leave and drives back home to his house in LA.

On his way to LA he gets stranded in Utah during a blizzard and decides to stay the night until his car can be fixed. While Ford is getting his car towed he notices a young mother, Ashleigh and her three month year old baby, Kate stranded. The old Ford would have moved on without a second look, but he decides to help.

Ashleigh



I LOVED LOVED LOVED LOVED Ashleigh. Oh my goodness you know I love a damsel in distress story line, single mother and half Asian! It’s like Gold to me. PURE GOLD. When you first meet Ashleigh, you wonder what her predicament is. She’s very young and she needs help. She has the basic essentials, but you know she’s on the run or it seems like she left in a rush. She isn’t prideful, because when Ford offers to help, she doesn’t say no because she knows she has to take care of her baby. I love it!

Promise you won’t forget me

And I’m not a worthless person. Maybe I’ve got a lot of problems and pretty much everything is going wrong for me right now, but I’m not worthless



Ford



I want to make Ford babies

I love Ford. I want him, I want to lick him and have babies with him. I read Ford’s novella prior to reading this and it gave me a HUGE insight on how much of a prick he is. In the previous books, it showed him having “pets” and using women for his pleasure. Later, seeing Ford with baby Kate is TOO ADORABLE! You will throw up with the cuteness.

Ford is a whole lot of issues. He can’t feel emotions and he’s going through some stuff with Rook. His feelings for Rook are strong and I’ll be honest, I’m not a team Rook kind of gal. So I was so happy for Ashleigh’s introduction.

I don’t like people touching me. But I can touch them if I want. And right now I want to touch you, so come here

Do I want her to know me like this? Do I want her to know that I’m a freak, in the strictest definition of the word? Is this what intimacy entails? Baring your weaknesses to someone who might take advantage, but trusting them not to?


Review

Ford and Ashleigh are both at a cross roads and both need to go to LA. Ashleigh wants some closure from her baby daddy and Ford wants to escape his feelings from Rook. Both are guarded and both are hurt. It’s such a beautiful and loving story in reading how two lost souls kind of help each other.

And during all of it…. you throw in a baby! I love Kate! She added such an interesting and unique dynamic to the story. It made the story and book PERFECT. I wouldn’t have it any other way. I gobbled up the pages.

In the author’s note, she isn’t sure if there will be another Ford and Ashleigh book. I am not sure if I want that, but I wouldn’t mind having a Kate book.



Spin Off Series Order
SLACK  A Day in the Life of Ford Aston (Rook and Ronin Spinoff) REVIEW | AMAZON
TAUT  The Ford Book (Rook and Ronin Spinoff)AMAZON

Rook and Ronin Series
Tragic (Rook and Ronin, #1) REVIEW | AMAZON
Manic (Rook and Ronin, #2)REVIEW | AMAZON
Panic (Rook and Ronin, #3)REVIEW | AMAZON

No comments:

Post a Comment