Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Lick (Stage Dive, #1) by Kylie Scott

Lick (Stage Dive, #1)Lick by Kylie Scott
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

5 Lickable Stars

Lick was the type of book where I slap myself for not reading it sooner! A lot of people recommended Lick to me, but I just never took the bite. I hate to say it, but it was because of the old cover. The Hero just looked greasy and I couldn’t get past it, BUT I like the new cover, so I took the plunge. (I know, I’m horrible, but I’m honest!)

LICK HAD the best First Chapter! If you could read an excerpt, do it, because you will be hooked from chapter 1!

Evelyn wakes up in Las Vegas with a ring on her left hand and doesn’t know how it got there. David is the sexy tattoo man in her hotel room.

Okay, so how awesome of an intro is that?! I nearly fell off my seat laughing because it was just too funny. Evelyn obviously got way too drunk and married some random dude. She doesn’t know anything about David, but she thinks it’s best to get divorced and never mention her night with anyone. David is a little upset because he remembers, but he doesn’t want to be with someone who doesn’t want to with him and agrees to the divorce.

Oh if only divorce is so simple, maybe it would be if she was married to a normal person. Evelyn and David work on getting the divorce, but as they try to split up, they spend more time together and Evelyn is starting to see why she could marry someone like David, but will David get over the fact she doesn’t remember anything from their first night?

I love Scott’s writing flow. There were no overly dramatic parts or annoying scenes. I also liked the side characters, Scott introduces us the other band members and you get a glimpse of future books. My heart goes out to drummer Mal, who is so funny. The steamy scenes were great too and there was enough sprinkled in for me. The climatic ending was typical, but I enjoyed it and added some nice tension.

Overall, I was completely surprised on my reaction to this book, it just goes to show, authors should really update dated covers.

Lick (Stage Dive, #1)AMAZON

No comments:

Post a Comment