Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Unfixable by Tessa Bailey

UnfixableUnfixable by Tessa Bailey
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

4.25 (Pour me another pint) stars

Unfixable was an adorable read with an Irish theme. I smiled and from start to finish.

Willa is unfixable. She’s had a rough childhood, with a drugged up mom and a non-existent father. Willa has been in a “sweet” relationship for over two years. Finally, she realizes she can’t change for the better so she breaks up with her ex and wins a trip to Dublin. Willa gets to stay in Ireland as a photographer for one month.

Shane is the owner of the Inn/Pub Willa is staying at. He doesn’t want anything to do with the “tough” American girl, but he’s fixated by her.

Review

First off, I love the storyline. I like anything that is set in a different country. I am always leery of the accents and slang when I read, I’m not expert, but none of it annoyed me. It felt real. When Willa first meets Shane, there’s obvious tension. Shane is rude, stressed and pissed off. Willa has a chip on her shoulder and doesn’t take crap from anyone.

At times I did not like Willa’s “tough” girl attitude. I’m never fond of leading ladies being a you- know-what because of past issues. However, she never did anything overly mean that made me hate her and afterwards, you see some improvements.

Willa is there to take pictures, but everyday there’s an interaction with her and Shane’s family. Shane’s family owns the pub, which includes his cute little teenage sister and scatter brain mom. Willa doesn’t have many people in her life, except for her sister, so when Shane’s family kind of involves themselves in Willa’s lives, it’s fun to read.

Of course there are issues. Shane has daddy issues and although daddy issues aren’t original, again, I wasn’t annoyed with the storyline. It wasn’t the main focus of the read, but it was there. What I really enjoyed was the Shane and Willa dynamics.
There’s plenty sexual tension and you will be rooting for them to get together. There’s character development and I guess you can say both Shane and Willa kind of slowly peel their layers. It’s a really sweet and adorable relationship.

What can I say? Tessa Bailey is a new author for me and I’m happy I picked up Unfixable. It was a delight from start to finish and exactly what I wanted.

UnfixableAMAZON

No comments:

Post a Comment