Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Fading (Fading, #1) by E.K. Blair

Fading (Fading, #1)Fading by E.K. Blair
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

4.5 Healing Stars

I’ve had Fading for some time and I read the rave reviews, I do not know why it took me so long to pick it up. Fading is my type of read. It’s long, dramatic and has a damsel in distress.

Summary

Candace wants to become a professional ballerina. She’s always played by the book and she wants to let go. For the day, she gets a tattoo and goes out on a date with her mom’s friend son. The date is short lived when he attacks Candace and leaves her emotionally scared.

Ryan owns the club Candace was attacked at and saves her. She passes out before she sees Ryan.

Somehow, their paths cross, but Candace is too broken to heal and Ryan may be the person to fix her.

Review

I LOVED the plot!

Candace

Candace is so broken and it makes such a juicy story. Rape scenes are hard for me to read, but it was needed. You feel Candace’s pain. She was this bright, fun and energetic girl and now she’s just shattered. She has a best gay-guy friend, who I thought she was a bit too close to, but I understood Candace needed an outlet and her friend helped. I loved how closed off she was and how slow she wanted take on everything. She did annoy me at times when she couldn’t see the good in front of her.

Ryan

Oh how I love Ryan. He’s heroic, sweet, loyal and very determined. I don’t think Ryan was looking for a battered girl to fix but, I think the battered girl found him. Ryan is the good book boyfriend I love to read about. He cares so much for Candace and puts up with all her crazy actions, even when she pushes him away. He will make your heart swoon and flutter.

Overall

Fading is lengthy read, there are at times where it’s a bit much, but you get your character and plot development, two things I look forward to in a book. It’s completely written in Candace’s POV, so you really get insight on her pain and fears.

I would describe Fading, a book about a Heroine trying to overcome past fears with the help of her friends, the Hero and her passion for ballet.

Fading (Fading, #1) by E.K. Blair AMAZON

No comments:

Post a Comment