Monday, June 30, 2014

Renegade Reject (Renegade Sons MC, #2) by Emily Minton

Renegade Reject (Renegade Sons MC, #2)Renegade Reject by Emily Minton
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

4.25 I LOVE DAISY Stars

IT’s DAISY’s STORY!!! YAY!!!

Please note: I would call this kind of a companion piece to Renegade Lady, but in Daisy’s POV. About 75% of the story is retold from the beginning of Renegade Lady.

I really liked Renegade Reject, but I guess I was kind of annoyed that most of the story retold Renegade Lady but from Daisy’s POV. Not that we got a lot of Daisy’s POV from the previous book, but there are chapters that are re-written, I kind of skimmed those. I did want to find out what happened between Preach and Daisy, you know how, how their relationship started and what happened to cause her to hate him so much, but it’s bitter sweet, when I know what happens towards the end.

I wished the author fast forwarded a bit so I wasn’t re-reading things, but that’s me, I don’t like to re-read from alternative POV’s.

I still love Daisy, she’s a great Heroine. She’s this young innocent thing and very much a damsel in distress kind of girl. Daisy is Maker’s daughter, who is a drunk and kind of not in Daisy’s life. Daisy also has an abusive mom who is super jealous of Daisy. One day as Daisy comes home from work and she’s attacked by men, but Preach is there to save her.

Preach is a character. He’s a Hero you will love to hate. He does pretty horrible things that make it hard for you to forgive him. I have mixed feelings towards Preach because I don’t find Heroes with addiction attractive. But I did find his attraction towards Daisy very entertaining.

Daisy and Preach are two people that just need to get their stuff together. Daisy is too worked up on Preach’s past actions and Preach is just too messed up to clean himself up and be the man Daisy needs him to be. Preach is haunted by his past and can’t get away from it.

I think what kept me involved with the book was Daisy’s storyline. She’s stuck in a hard place with not so great parents, she’s poor and has a lover who treats her like crap but tells her he cares for her. It’s kind of realistic (minus all the MC stuff) in a sense, a lot of girls deal with those kind of issues.

I have a special place in my heart for Daisy.

I think if you like the series, you will love this one. As much as I hate the alternative POV storyline, it was good and I liked it.

Renegade Lady (Renegade Sons MC, #1) by Dawn MartensREVIEW | AMAZON
Renegade Reject (Renegade Sons MC, #2) by Emily MintonAMAZON

No comments:

Post a Comment