Friday, August 8, 2014

Beautiful Oblivion (Beautiful, #3) by Jamie McGuire

Beautiful Oblivion (Beautiful, #3)Beautiful Oblivion by Jamie McGuire
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

4.5 I love Maddox Brothers Stars

If you are expecting Beautiful Disaster 2.0 and a Travis-a-like Hero, then you will be disappointed. With that said, I still enjoyed Beautiful Oblivion VERY MUCH

Beautiful Oblivion isn’t like Beautiful Disaster. There’s no “alpha” Hero, no crazy angst or intense storyline, but a sweet, light hearted read about a guarded girl being pursued by a tatted, but lovable boy.

I went into Beautiful Oblivion not knowing anything. All I knew is that it’s a story about one of the Maddox brothers. I like Trenton. No, he’s not like Travis. I find Travis to be a bit irrational and a little bit unstable. So, Trenton is more stable, rational and kind of like a puppy, in the sense, he purses Cami even though Cami has no interests in him and keeps on telling him that.

Having tats doesn’t make you the “bad” boy I guess.

Cami was hard for me to like because this book is **GASP** a LOVE TRIANGLE!!! Uggg, you know my thoughts on this.

I.AM.NOT.A.FAN.OF.LOVE.TRIANGLES

I just don’t get them, but I do read them. Cami is in a committed long distance relationship with T.J. T.J. is too busy to keep up with the relationship, but he’s a REALLY NICE GUY. Another pet peeve of mine is when both of the guys are GREAT! You kind of want to scream at Cami during many parts and question why she’s still with T.J even though they hardly see or speak to each other.

To each their own I guess.

Then at some point of the book, Cami “kinda” explains why she doesn’t want to be with Trenton, but we don’t know why until the end.

WHEN YOU FIND OUT, YOUR MIND WILL BE BLOWN

I’m still debating if this is a good or bad thing, but it’s definitely a thing.

Beautiful Oblivion is a decent read and mostly it’s about Trenton being okay with having a “friendship” with Cami. You will root for Trenton and want to slap Cami. Despite my frustration with Cami, the read is very adorable and sweet.

There’s no angst and everything is very tamed. It’s almost as if you are reading a book that isn’t written by Jamie McGuire. I’m not sure if I’m okay or disappointed in that. I kind of like it when authors change up their writing style, but I did love the crazy intense story of Beautiful Disaster.

Regardless, if you are expecting another Beautiful Disaster, you won’t get it, BUT Beautiful Oblivion is still a good read, it just has high expectations attached to it.

Series Order
Beautiful Disaster (Beautiful, #1) by Jamie McGuire
Walking Disaster (Beautiful, #2) by Jamie McGuireREVIEW | AMAZON
Beautiful Oblivion (Beautiful, #3) by Jamie McGuireAMAZON

No comments:

Post a Comment