Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Proving Paul's Promise (The Reed Brothers, #5) by Tammy Falkner

Proving Paul's Promise (The Reed Brothers, #5)Proving Paul's Promise by Tammy Falkner
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

4 Paul Lovin’ Stars

It’s Paul story, yay! I love Paul, he is one of my favourite Reed brothers, you know me, I have a soft spot for single parents.

So I just love Paul and Friday, I find their situation totally funny. Throughout book 1 through 4, Paul thought Friday was gay, how funny is that?

In this story, I would say, we get to know Friday really well. Her background and history is really sad and I do feel for the girl. She had a past mistake and beats herself up for it.

Paul wants Friday, but Friday doesn’t make it easy for him.

The highs

Overall, the storyline was decent. I liked Paul and I liked Friday. Friday was a bit frustrating at times because she pushed Paul away a lot. I get she is messed up and she doesn’t need a man to fix her, but I just wanted them to kiss! Paul is adorable and I love reading the scenes when he’s with his daughter.

There isn’t any typical drama you would expect, like Paul’s ex causing trouble. I would say, most of the story is around Friday getting over her issues (not sure it’s a good or bad thing, just a thing).

Like the series, the book is funny and fairly light. There is some drama, but nothing with angst. Of course there are some glimpses of the other Reed brothers, which I always welcome.

The Lows

I found this one a big long and slightly dragging. I had to put it down a few times before I could finish. I wouldn’t say this was a total turn off, but it doesn’t have the feel like the other previous books in the series.

I had super high expectations for this one because I really liked Paul. I liked how he was the oldest and he was the responsible one, so I kind of figure it would be more alpha and have more quirks.

Final Thought

I still love this series. I find the Reed brothers engaging, unique and really entertaining. I’m very excited for Sam’s book because I think a cooking theme will be a nice change.

Series Order
Tall, Tatted and Tempting (The Reed Brothers, #1) by Tammy FalknerREVIEW | AMAZON
Smart, Sexy and Secretive (The Reed Brothers, #2) by Tammy FalknerREVIEW | AMAZON
Calmly, Carefully, Completely (The Reed Brothers, #3) by Tammy FalknerREVIEW | AMAZON
Maybe Matt's Miracle (The Reed Brothers, #4) by Tammy FalknerREVIEW | AMAZON
Proving Paul's Promise (The Reed Brothers, #5) by Tammy FalknerAMAZON

No comments:

Post a Comment