Thursday, November 27, 2014

Surviving Raine by Shay Savage

Surviving Raine (Surviving Raine, #1)Surviving Raine by Shay Savage
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

4 Stormy Stars

I’ve been Surviving Raine on the back burner for a while. I think it’s because of the plot. Two people stranded by sea? But you know what?! It worked for me. My only complaint is that it was a tad bit too long, but other than that, I was swept away by this one.

Summary

Sebastian Stark is captain of a ship that gets caught up in a storm. Everyone is tossed overboard and before he finds himself a life raft, he saves a beautiful woman. Together they must endure the sea before they can get rescued.

Sebastian

Sebastian is the star of the show. I would say, this is basically his book. He’s a complex man and I wouldn’t have him any other way. You will hate him and love him at the same time. I would describe him as someone very passionate. He’s a passionate jerk and a passionate lover.

Riane

Raine is beautiful, young and not a typical girl. She’s very smart, opinionated and level headed. I loved that she isn’t your typical damsel in distress. She is kind of the perfect counterpart to Sebastian. I also like how she doesn’t put up with Sebastian’s crap.

Overall

So they are both stranded by sea and you would think the story drags but it doesn’t! Sebastian is an alcoholic and he detox and it’s so juicy to read. Sebastian teaches a lot of things to Raine and both try to survive.

Towards the middle, the relationship between Sebastian and Raine go deeper and we get a little back story to who Sebastain is and it’s pretty dramatic and dark. I loved reading it. It really explains his actions.

Surviving Raine will keep you on your toes and always question what’s going to happen next. If you want something a little different and a little tragic and a little dark, then this one is for you.

Surviving Raine (Surviving Raine, #1) by Shay SavageAMAZON

No comments:

Post a Comment