Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Transcendence by Shay Savage

TranscendenceTranscendence by Shay Savage
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

4 Caveman Stars

To briefly summarize Transcendence I would say it’s about a Heroine falling in love with a caveman, written from the caveman’s POV. Did I lose you? Please don’t go! I promise you, it’s not what you think. Okay, so it’s also only narrative writing. I know! I HATE narrative writing, but THIS TIME, IT WORKED! I pinky swear it did.

Transcendence isn’t for everyone. I mean, the girl falls in love with a caveman who doesn’t talk. BUT what made Transcendence work is all the character development. Yep, you got to know Ehd very well. So once you get your mind set and prepared, you can continue with the read.

Ehd is smart, caring, sweet and is just surviving. His whole tribe was killed in a fire and he has been living on his own for years. He’s not depressed or suicidal, but he doesn’t really have a good reason to live. Until one day he hears a someone. Elizabeth is different from Ehd, she wears jeans and knows how to speak. Since the book doesn’t have any of her POV’s, you don’t know anything about her, but just know she’s not like Ehd.

Ehd has decided he found his mate.

The relationship between Ehd and Beth is super cute and sweet. How can two form a relationship or even a story when there’s not speaking? Well, there’s plenty. You get to know what Ehd thinks of Beth, how he reacts to her and what he wants to do with her.

I also like the parts where they do everyday things, like hunting, cooking and gathering, even the basic chores were interesting to read. Let’s just say, I really liked Shay Savage writing’s style. Who knew I could like a narrative book?! I’m very shocked and surprised by this one.

If you want something completely different Transcendence is the perfect book.


Transcendence by Shay SavageAMAZON

No comments:

Post a Comment