Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Under Different Stars (Kricket, #1) by Amy A. Bartol

Under Different Stars (Kricket, #1)Under Different Stars by Amy A. Bartol
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

4 Kickin’ Kricket Stars

It’s been awhile since I’ve read an Amy Bartol book. I wanted something light, a little romantic and plenty of action. I believe I got that with Under Different Stars.

This is a young adult read and the thing I love about young adult reads is the world I’m taken to. I love learning new languages, cultures and I know it’s going to be at least a three book saga. BUT that’s just me.

So Kricket currently lives on earth. She’s human or so she thinks. She knows she is a little different. When she cuts her hair, it automatically grows back. She rides the subway one day and runs into Trey. Trey is hired to bring Kricket back to home and home is not on earth.

A good portion of the book is Kricket traveling back home. It’s a big slow at some parts, but you get immerse into the other world fairly quickly. Also, there’s a lot to learn. I felt like I needed a cheat sheet. I didn’t understand why they couldn’t just pounds and hours, but other words. I know I said I like learning new languages, but there was a lot!

So Trey and his buddies are traveling with Kricket and she is feisty. She’s the type of Heroine I like to read in these sci-fi books, very strong and opinionated, but not annoying. Once they reach home, the pace quickens a bit and oh my goodness, the sexual tension between Kricket and Try is nice. Get your mind out of the gutter, it’s a YA, so there’s only so much sexual tension, but I did blush at some of the scenes.

It was really cute.

I kind of wanted Trey and Kricket’s relationship to be dragged out a bit, I know I said the book was a bit slow. I just can’t make up my mind.

Overall, If you want something a little new, a little different and you haven’t read a Bartol novel, start with this one.

Under Different Stars (Kricket, #1) by Amy A. BartolAMAZON

No comments:

Post a Comment