Sunday, November 2, 2014

Where I Belong (Alabama Summer, #1) by J. Daniels

Where I Belong (Alabama Summer, #1)Where I Belong by J. Daniels
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

4 Super Cute Summer Stars

I read Sweet addiction and so I was wondering if Where I Belong would make me feel the same. Where I belong isn’t a funny read, but it was very sweet and enjoyable.

Summary

Mia has been tormented by her best friend’s brother for years. She moved away and hasn’t seen him in nine years. Now, she’s back for the summer and she wants nothing to do with him.

Or she thinks she does, until she meets a stranger at a bar the first time she arrives into town.

She doesn’t know that the stranger is Ben.

review

First off, Love the beginning and writing flow. Where I belong hits me with a great opening and I know this one will be a fun, fast and easy read.

I love those books.

I love the banter between Mia and Ben. Okay so I didn’t care for the fact she lost a bunch of weight and got pretty, BUT it does happen and it’s nice she is overcoming her fat girl issues.

I also like that when Mia and Ben first meet they didn’t know each other and had this incredible night. When Mia realizes the stranger is Ben she automatically goes on the defensive and I don’t blame her. Let me tell you this. I was tormented by two brothers growing up. They treated me just like the way Ben treated Mia. I hadn’t seen them in years and yes I came back, skinner and not as frumpy as my childhood self.

AND IT FELT GREAT!!!!

So yes, I could relate to Mia and yes I loved how she didn’t forget everything that happened and forgive Ben. Ben realizes he was a jerk and tries very hard to win Mia over again. He uses anything he can. There is a bit of insta-love on his part I didn’t care for, but then again, I liked how strongly he went after Mia.

There are other elements that are thrown into the mix and it makes me very happy. Where I belong is a bit cheesy at some parts, but sometimes you want to read that really cheesy book that makes you smile. I can’t wait to start the next book in the series.

Where I Belong (Alabama Summer, #1) by J.  DanielsAMAZON

No comments:

Post a Comment