Friday, January 16, 2015

#Nerd (Hashtag, #1) by Cambria Hebert

#Nerd (Hashtag, #1)#Nerd by Cambria Hebert
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

4.5 How cute is this book Stars

This is my second book by this author and I didn’t have any expectations, but after reading #nerd, I must say, I’m really liking this light-hearted direction.

I will keep up with this series and if you want a sweet, funny and charming book, then this one is for you

Yes, some of it is a bit cliché and the term “nerd” doesn’t really apply to college setting anymore, but if you can get past all of that, it’s a really ADORABLE book.

This is for all those nerdy, glasses wearing, no make-up girls **cough** me. Love my black frame glasses and I loved that Rimmel wears them.

Summary

So Rimmel is not a popular girl and she doesn’t care to be. She wears frumpy clothes, she doesn’t wear make-up or does her hair. She’s lives in the dorm and her priority is school. Roman (Romeo) is the big man on campus. He’s the star football player and everyone loves him. He is rushing to be part of an exclusive fraternity his father was once a part of. Romeo’s grades aren’t that great and with the threat of being kicked off the team, his coach is forcing Romeo to get a tutor.

Rimmel is Romeo’s tutor

Rimmel doesn’t want to tutor Romeo, but in order to maintain her scholarship, she has to do it. Rimmel and Romeo are two complete opposites, but somehow they forge a friendship, even though everyone around them thinks it’s crazy.

Overall

I love the plot. Who doesn’t like the jocky popular guy falling for the nerdy outcast girl? It’s really cute! I love how Rimmel doesn’t show any interest towards Romeo and is simply there to tutor him. The banter is adorable and it kept a smile on my face. I love that girls are jealous of Rimmel because she gets attention from Romeo . I like that Romeo’s best guy friend is really supportive and he makes jokes that make me laugh.

In order for Romeo to be considered into the fraternity, he has to do all the tasks he is asked to do. One of the tasks is to sleep with a girl of the fraternity’s choosing. Guess who they pick?

It’s a little typical, but it’s a subplot that lingers in the background. Of course this is the main factor for Romeo’s pursuit towards Rimmel, but it grows to something more. I really liked reading Romeo’s internal struggles with this.

Overall, I enjoyed #nerd a lot because it has the fun-feel-good story I crave. It may be a little predictable, but every once in a while, you need that.

#Nerd (Hashtag, #1) by Cambria HebertAMAZON

1 comment:

  1. Hi!
    Your review is really great and makes me want to read this book even more. I'm currently unsure of what to read next, so I think I'm going to bump #Nerd on top of my to-read list. :)
    I like to read lighthearted stories from time to time and the plot seems the perfect match for it. Also, knowing that it made you laugh and that you had a smile while reading, makes only better.

    ReplyDelete