Friday, February 27, 2015

With Everything I Am (The Three #2) by Kristen Ashley


One night, Callum is driven into the woods by instinct, an instinct to protect. In the form of wolf, he meets a young human child who he is instantly drawn to in a fierce way he doesn’t quite understand. 

Sonia Arlington has lived a lonely life. She has certain abilities that make her strange and she has a rare disease that, if untreated, could kill her. Her father makes her vow that she will never let others discover her abilities. This forces Sonia to stay distant, always guarding against exposure. 

Intelligence leaks that Sonia is Callum’s human mate. He is now King of the Werewolves and has war on his hands. He’s forced to claim his mate and integrate Sonia into a world that is strange and frightening. 

As Sonia attempts to adjust, Callum attempts to cope with the knowledge that his mate is mortal. He will have her beauty and gentleness only the length of a mortal life making their union unbearably bitter even as Sonia makes it unbelievably sweet.





4.5 King Wolf Stars

I’m starting to REALLY like this series. Oh my gosh. If you loved Until the Sun Falls from the Sky, then you will LOVE With Everything I Am. I felt like this one had EVERYTHING I looked for in a KA novel.

Strong Alpha Check

Adorable HeroineCheck

Crazy, sexual tensionCheck

Interesting, page-turning plot Check

Unforgettable Steamy ScenesDouble Check

This was a GREAT book. This is Callum and Sonia story, which happens to be the wolf story. I’m a fan of paranormal reads and I love how KA wrote these. There’s no crazy language or hard stories to follow. It’s simple and straight forward. The main plot is the about the two characters, nothing less and nothing more. It’s Perfect.

The prologue was fantastic. I was hooked from the beginning and I had to dive into the story. Callum will soon be King and when he is, he will need a Queen. Before Sonia’s birth, she has been destined to be Queen. The thing is, she is human and she doesn’t know she is going to be Callum’s Queen.

I loved how Callum knew about Sonia and when it was time for Sonia to be Queen, he went all out on her. He wanted to claim her and bring her back to his people. I also loved that Sonia is human and she has no idea what wolves and vampires are.

So a HUGE part of the book is Callum and Sonia working on the relationship. I love it when a big, dominate male chases away the Heroine. It just gives me a tingly sensation in my belly and I can’t get enough of it. It’s super cute to read Callum telling what Sonia needs to do, like cook, clean and when to speak. It’s also funny to read Sonia finding the situation so difficult.

Sonia does frustrate me at times and there’s mild angst towards the middle. Everyone knows I’m not a fan of angst, but it didn’t really bother me so much. Also, I usually don’t like long books, but I seriously couldn’t put this sucker down.

It’s just that good

If you are a fan of the series, you will not be disappointed with this one. I can’t wait to read the final book.






Kristen Ashley was born in Gary, Indiana, USA. She nearly killed her mother and herself making it into the world, seeing as she had the umbilical cord wrapped around her neck (already attempting to accessorise and she hadn't taken her first breath!). 

Kristen grew up in Brownsburg, Indiana but has lived in Denver, Colorado and the West Country of England. Thus she has been blessed to have friends and family around the globe. Her posse is loopy (to say the least) but loopy is good when you want to write.

Kristen was raised in a house with a large and multi-generational family. They lived on a very small farm in a small town in the heartland and existed amongst the strains of Glenn Miller, The Everly Brothers, REO Speedwagon and Whitesnake (and the wardrobes that matched).

Needless to say, growing up in a house full of music, clothes and love was a good way to grow up. 

And as she keeps growing up, it keeps getting better.

No comments:

Post a Comment