Monday, March 2, 2015

The Deal by Elle Kennedy

 
She’s about to make a deal with the college bad boy... Hannah Wells has finally found someone who turns her on. But while she might be confident in every other area of her life, she’s carting around a full set of baggage when it comes to sex and seduction. If she wants to get her crush’s attention, she’ll have to step out of her comfort zone and make him take notice…even if it means tutoring the annoying, childish, cocky captain of the hockey team in exchange for a pretend date.

...and it’s going to be oh so good.

All Garrett Graham has ever wanted is to play professional hockey after graduation, but his plummeting GPA is threatening everything he’s worked so hard for. If helping a sarcastic brunette make another guy jealous will help him secure his position on the team, he’s all for it. But when one unexpected kiss leads to the wildest sex of both their lives, it doesn’t take long for Garrett to realize that pretend isn’t going to cut it. Now he just has to convince Hannah that the man she wants looks a lot like him.  
 
 
 

6 Book-Hang-Over STARS!!!

The Deal is a standalone novel (I’m assuming each book is about Garrett’s roommates).

I picked up The Deal because I really liked the summary. Then I saw all the raving reviews and I was worried. I hate hyped up books.

I completely enjoyed THE DEAL.

I’m so happy I found a new author to love and internet stalk. I was smiling from ear to ear from start to finish. I read this book in one sitting and I could have read 100 more pages.

I LOVED IT THAT MUCH

Garrett needs to pass a class to stay on his hockey team. Hannah is the only girl who is making an A in his class. He begs Hannah to tutor him, but Hannah doesn’t have time and declines. I love that she just straight up says no. It’s kind of cute to read a girl that doesn’t swoon within the first five minutes. Garrett only has hockey in mind and does what he can to get Hannah to say yes, even that means nagging her 24-7.


Hannah

I loved Hannah. Within the first chapter I was hooked. She had a really problematic past, but she never dwelled on it. I got the best of both worlds with her. I got my damsel (which I absolutely Love) and I got my strong Heroine (which I absolutely love). It is years later from her traumatic event. She’s gone to therapist and she is basically recovering from it and kind of over it, but there are some lingering feelings. Not enough to make her a basket case, just enough to make her cautious and smart.

Garrett

I’m not a fan of sports theme books, but I’m starting to change my mind. I love Garrett, who knew hockey players could be so hot! You will love Garrett. You will want him as your college boyfriend. He’s so sweet, caring, yet a completely jerk and self-absorbed. I couldn’t get enough of him.

Chemistry

Everyone loves this book because of the chemistry between Hannah and Garett. Elle Kennedy created the perfect dance of tension and banter that will keep all readers entertained and happy. There is no insta-lust or attraction between Hannah and Garrett at first and it really worked for them. You saw two people who could care less about each other, yet somehow forge a somewhat cute, but awkward friendship.

The Deal is purely a romance book between two people. Both have faults and issues, but that’s not the MAIN point of the book (thank god!). The point of the story is just Hannah and Garett and their silly interactions. It’s a light hearted read, so there’s plenty of laugh out loud moments.

It was written perfectly, from the tension to the steam to all the outside issues.

I LOVED IT and SO WILL YOU

If you are looking for a New Adult/ college, super cute romance book, The Deal is the perfect read. You will not be disappointed.


The Deal (Off-Campus, #1) by Elle Kennedy
 
 
 
A RITA-award nominated author, Elle Kennedy grew up in the suburbs of Toronto, Ontario, and holds a B.A. in English from York University. From an early age, she knew she wanted to be a writer, and actively began pursuing that dream when she was a teenager.

Elle currently publishes with Harlequin Romantic Suspense, Harlequin Blaze, Samhain Publishing, and NAL. She loves strong heroines and sexy alpha heroes, and just enough heat and danger to keep things interesting!
 
 
 

 

1 comment:

  1. Agreed! I loved this book and couldn't put it down. Loved the slow simmer between the characters.

    ReplyDelete